• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

I do like me some Swiss Pastry Shop. I know it isn't German, but the cheese steak along with the un-cake are things that shouldn't be skipped.

I'd never heard about the place until a week or so ago. It was very good. They could easily find a location with some ambiance and charge a great deal more for the food.

I had been looking at the cheese steak, but I went with one of the Schnitzels. It was excellent. I'll be going back for the cheese steak.

Finally made it to the Panama Canal and not a single ship in sight.
9934b348d1479ec24f681da4da332eaf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Mark, that is cool. That would be a neat place to go.

What is the Swiss Pastry Shop y'all are talking about? The one is Ft Worth?
Would this be someplace we would all like to meet sometime? Maybe a Thursday evening?

Are we all still interested in Laura's Biergarten? Maybe this Thursday evening, Oct 20, at 7:00?

Post up your interest. This thread is for all of us, whatever the group wants.

So the weather is getting reasonable again ...

Anyone consider resurrecting this MG&E?

Maybe next week. I'd stay away from this Saturday, as there's a Pie Run in Fairfield, and lots of DFW riders will be headed that way. Larry wanted to go to Laura's Biergarten for dinner. Maybe next Thursday evening?

All sounds good. I have a really good breakfast spot down in Venus if anyone is game for Sunday morning ride. Nice twisty road and maybe seek a bit of gravel too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be talked into that.

Hi everyone. I've been missing our get togethers. I'll keep watching this thread; maybe I can meetup.

Here's an idea for a future ride to eat -backroads from South Arlington to West for some yummy kolaches. I just need help with a good route.

If yall do head ta West.... be sure your stop is at Geriks on Oak St just off of 35 or Village Bakery jus past downtown east
Theyre two of the best in West

Theres also Czech Country Bakery in Hillsboro.... really good too

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Sounds like a full Saturday morning (and into early afternoon). There are a couple of routes I've used, both of which drop down through Maypearl, that get you most of the way there. It's just a matter of extending the line.

The shorter is to follow 308 & 2114 south from Maypearl all the way to West. Google Maps clocks that at about 80 miles and 90 minutes. Not that I'm volunteering my house as a starting point. But if I did, the route would look like this:

https://goo.gl/maps/SYWkNmjBs6Q2

The longer is to take back roads from Maypearl to Itasca to Hillsboro, then you have to go farther west (to avoid I-35) and south, before veering due east on 2114 back over to West. That one shows as 90 miles, and closer to 2 hours. Here's a link to the route:

https://goo.gl/maps/FL8HxwGLhXn

Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Some other interesting roads besides 308 to 2114 would b takin 77 at Milford to 1243 to Bynum & 1242 to Abbott then the old hwy south crossing 35 then into West

The after ride could take 2114 west to 933 then Aquilla 310 & 1947 to Peoria on 22 ... 309 jus west of Hillsboro north thru Woodbury is not to b missed up to 934 & whichever direction you have time for from there.

Not much in paved CRs in Hill County... you hafta get north into Johnson

Last edited:
Took me awhile to even find 1242 & 1243. Those look interesting. Thanks, Rod.

We would need to state whether the route selected is street bike or dual sport/adventure bike friendly. I need to know whether to ride my CB1100 or XL250.

Tim, could you make a Sunday afternoon ride?

Would a Sunday afternoon ride work for everyone?

With some planning, I could probably do a jump-off at 12:30. Except March 12; that weekend is out of the question for me because my wife will be out of town & I can't leave my mother alone for more than a couple of hours. So in immediate upcoming weekends, I can do the 5th (next week) or the 19th.

Re: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Some other interesting roads besides 308 to 2114 would b takin 77 at Milford to 1243 to Bynum & 1242 to Abbott then the old hwy south crossing 35 then into West

The after ride could take 2114 west to 933 then Aquilla 310 & 1947 to Peoria on 22 ... 309 jus west of Hillsboro north thru Woodbury is not to b missed up to 934 & whichever direction you have time for from there.

Not much in paved CRs in Hill County... you hafta get north into Johnson

Did you mention Woodbury? My old stomping grounds. Lived a mile back towards Hillsboro from the big city of Woodbury. Now you know how I ride like I do!

I'd like to do this. We just need to plan it. Is planning on google maps the best way? Do you plug into a GPS or print out directions?

We can do it either way. Personally, I put routes into my GPS. When are you thinking? And to Round Rock or West?

Let me elaborate on the last post. For planning purposes, I lay out the route on Google Maps. When I'm happy with it, I punch it into my trusty Garmin. Give me a start-finish point, and I can whip something up for this ride.

The wife is having a garage sale Saturday morning.

I'm in!

Afterwards, riding to Decatur and walk through a gun show put on by my second family.
Small mom & pop show, but it's 90% guns and hunting and 10% jerky and hand bags.

Any one want to go?

Probably heading east on 1187 to Aledo and north through Azle, Boyd and Decatur.

I have no GPS, so I kind of guess my way around. Sometimes, its quite the adventure ... sometimes not so much.

I could be talked into going. Riding motorcycles and guns, yes!

Back