• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Assignment #183 - JUMP! or Joy! (ASSIGNMENT)

Reaction score
First Name
Kory
Last Name
Burleson
This assignment is two-fold. 1) I couldn't think of anything else and 2) this should satisfy the last letter we were missing from all of our assignments, "J." The goal is simple, get something jumping in the air.... a child, adult, motocross rider, squirrel, etc. You get the idea. The key will be using a fast shutter speed to freeze the motion, or if you're really good, use a slow shutter speed and make the motion look cool (while still getting something in focus).

Edit: Since the deadline passed and there were no entries, I am expanding this Assignment to be JUMP! or JOY! So, either go with the original theme or get something with some joy in it. Someone with joy on their face or something that brings you joy. Deadline has been extended 2 weeks.

Share ideas, old pics, etc. here. The ENTRY thread is separate.

Specifics for this assignment:

1) Camera phone, point & shoot, DSLR, iPad, or even film; all shooters are welcome and encouraged to participate!

2) Post processing is allowed for this assignment.

3 All forum posting rules apply regarding suitability of an image to post.

4) Your photograph for the entry has to have been taken between now and midnight/2400, March 3, 2017.

Last edited:
Re: Assignment #183 - JUMP! (ASSIGNMENT)

Hmm, I've got a good one...from September. Wonder if the wife is up for a road trip to retake it? :rofl:

i-QVkM8ZQ-XL.jpg

Awesome, that's perfect! Time to hit the road! :mrgreen:

those are all amazing. wow. Last time I jumped was about 2003. :lol2:

This will be a challenge.

A shame on the dates. I'm headed to Florida for Spring Break and my three year old nephew will jump off of almost anything. My own seven year old son has a problem with heights above three inches. :D

I jump thru hoops at work. Does that count?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I jump thru hoops at work. Does that count?

:lol2: I know the feeling! If you could somehow capture it on your camera in a picture, sure! :mrgreen:

A shame on the dates. I'm headed to Florida for Spring Break and my three year old nephew will jump off of almost anything. My own seven year old son has a problem with heights above three inches. :D

Yeah, my daughter is up for this sort of thing, but won't be back in town until the 1st. The puppy is too young to teach to jump anything yet. This will be tough.

Yeah, my daughter is up for this sort of thing, but won't be back in town until the 1st. The puppy is too young to teach to jump anything yet. This will be tough.

Hipsters at a skate park? :shrug: I'm sure you'll figure out something.

:mrgreen:

Yeah, I'll find something.

Well, this one came and went with no entries. How do we want to proceed? Sorry for the crummy assignment guys. :doh:

I say you should pick another topic and we'll try again

Dang, totally forgot about it. You can extend it, or pick a new topic. I had to do that with one of mine.

Me too. One of those times life got in the way.

I have edited the assignment in the original post. Can a mod please change the subject of this and the entry thread to "JUMP! or JOY!"? Deadline has been extended 2 weeks. :shrug:

I have edited the assignment in the original post. Can a mod please change the subject of this and the entry thread to "JUMP! or JOY!"? Deadline has been extended 2 weeks. :shrug:

Done.

And awesome. My daughter, the jumper, will be in town during that window. I will recruit her.

Thanks to Kyle (Deco) for the reminder. I thought I had until Monday.

Here's one of my granddaughter I took last year. Just saw this thread, so too late to take one for this assignment.

IMG_0477-L.png

Back