• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adventure Rider Breakfast Series - 2/25/17 - Backyard Bistro + 2 day ride option

I'm in also, and may not have my Garmin on track by this weekend and would like to follow if anyone will have me. I'm ok with any pace. I would like to camp at the park.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here.

It looks like Team 250 (with both DRs this time) will do another 1 day ride. Right now I'm looking at doing the Sunday route backwards to Roosevelt then cutting over to Junction and doing a modified Saturday route back to Bandera.

Any old and slow guys are welcome to join, especially if you only have one day.

See y'all at the Bistro.

It looks like Team 250 (with both DRs this time) will do another 1 day ride.

Your two 1 day rides are solid.

I'm glad you won't be behind us and constantly catching up. We couldn't get away, you pushed us too much.

Looking forward to seeing Team 250 (you and Duane) at breakfast!

32289520116_3790d02d7e_h.jpg

Last edited:
Would be fun, but i have a trip to Big Bend the following week and i better rest. Last weeks 300 plus miles in one day really tired me out. You guys have a great ride.

Who all going.I got sick last week and had to cancel.Looking forward to doing ride this weekend.To old to sleep on ground though!

Going to pass this weekend-granddaughter's 2nd birthday Saturday, missed last years due to 'round the bend ride. Fyi plan for long day, many gates, more actual miles than route indicates. Made it to London for lunch about 1300,restaurant next to gas station has good burgers. Definitely worth going,riding with old friends-Will H. pulling a wheelie at 80+!

Sander something came up at the last minute
Unable to make it. Catch you next time.

Had to cut the day a little short....

Sometimes you bite the road, some times the road bites you! Ask Duane....

I guess I don't know how to upload a video, or it's the wrong format.

Anyway, he is basically unhurt (will be sore tomorrow though) and the DR is a bit scraped up but running as well as always. Happened on 310 just after the last bump gate and a mile or so from 55 south of Rocksprings. We just headed back down 55 to Camp Wood and took 337 and 470 back to Bandera.

Last edited:
Sander,
nice photos, all but the first one....what is that and was it fatal?

Russ

I had to make a quick stop at my brothers house, just 100 yards off route, in Kerrville to drop off a part. Turned into the last stop for me, no fire, I sent the group on, unfortunately Seth wasn't home and no hide-a-key but did offer a good place to work on the DR, take a nap on the porch and wait for 4 hours for the sag-wagon.

The tail light power wire burned through and melted some other wires, not sure how much damage yet to the wiring harness and electrical parts, no fuses blew though. I guess it could have been worse...The 67 miles I rode were fun!

33090295396_276cf825b9_h.jpg
IMG_20170225_153321 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

I had to make a quick stop at my brothers house, just 100 yards off route, in Kerrville to drop off a part. Turned into the last stop for me, no fire, I sent the group on, unfortunately Seth wasn't home and no hide-a-key but did offer a good place to work on the DR, take a nap on the porch and wait for 4 hours for the sag-wagon.

The tail light power wire burned through and melted some other wires, not sure how much damage yet to the wiring harness and electrical parts, no fuses blew though. I guess it could have been worse...The 67 miles I rode were fun!

33090295396_276cf825b9_h.jpg
IMG_20170225_153321 by AvantMotorcycles, on Flickr

Sander thanks for putting this ride together
Glad I got to "attempt" to keep you in sight again!
Thanks to RG for taking over our group lots of stories to tell about that group and the ride. I enjoyed it throughly!
My ride of the dirt stopped in Menard this morning when the throttle cable was so hard to turn I no longer needed cruise control
Lori suggested she would come get me from Fredericksburg which was a good idea.
Awesome time!
Great to meet folks and listen to conversations Kick the tires and tell tall tales oh wait those were not tales they were true! Ever passed a muffler after a mud hole and wondered who lost a muffler?

I had a blast this weekend. It was great meeting everyone. I learned so much about my bike and my abilities...or lack of. Any news on Jeff?

I had a blast this weekend. It was great meeting everyone. I learned so much about my bike and my abilities...or lack of. Any news on Jeff?

Did you ride both days' routes? Did you use the new gear? No returns after 30 days or mud bath.

Back