TWT Forums  

Go Back   TWT Forums > General Discussion > General > Maxi Scooters

Notices

Forum Jump

Old 01-11-2017, 09:45 AM   #21
Dao

Re: Pics of my Maxi Scooters

IT was great meeting you too Tony.
I'll be out there later this afternoon at City Park on the trials bike.
I think everyone will be out there later this afternoon...last mid 70's deg day perfect riding time before the dreaded rain forcast.

One more thing about this 400 scooter....the flat floorboard, and no foot controls, opens up new ways to haul long items...
I recently took my weedeater in to the shop for maintenance ....very convenient w/ the scooter I might add...

Learned how to haul long sticks from my son...

Last edited by Dao; 01-11-2017 at 09:49 AM.
Dao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #22
G-Bo

Dao...this is AWESOME!!!!

I started on Chinese 250 and found myself on a 2007 400, then a 2007 650....and now a 2016 650. Wife rides the 2007 650.

Told myself I'd start with a scooter and work up to a motorcycle...well, I think I started at the top with the Burgman.

TWT Pie runs, those need to get on my calendar this year. Do you do those?

Glenn
Dallas, TX
G-Bo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:35 PM   #23
Dao

I've done a couple pie runs in the past, but have not done one on the BURG.
Hope to hit up on more pie runs this spring.

And you must be lovin' life w/ a 2016 Burg 650!
I don't know how they did it, but Suzuki hid the weight of that 650
really well. It doesn't fee heavy at all. Effortless to flick it side to side.
Dao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 05:37 PM   #24
gixxerjasen

Hmmmm, can't say I've ever seen any Burgs at a pie run....

Nevermind the outcast in the middle, most of the scooters pictured have more cc's than it does.
Past Bikes: 1997 Katana 600-wrecked | 2000 CBR600F4-Stolen | 2001 GSX-R600-Stolen | 1989 Honda CB1-Sold | 2001 Suzuki TL1000R-Traded | 1992 Suzuki Bandit 400-Sold | 2004 Suzuki GSX-R600-Sold | 2007 DR-Z400SM-Traded | 2003 Yamaha FZ1-Wrecked | 2003 Yamaha FZ1 II-Sold | 1992 Suzuki Bandit 400 - Sold
gixxerjasen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 04:41 AM   #25
hardybaker

I've got to put in my two cents worth. I'm spending most of the years on the 110 mile Long Island called Eleuthera in the Bahamas. My Suzuki 650 Burgman was the perfect choice for a fantastic ride here. I like this bike so much, even though I have a 650 VStrom in Texas which I will sell later this year, I bought a site unseen 650 Burgman that's waiting for me in Atlanta, GA. And Dody, (Ghost 1964) you were right. My man card suffers none when I ride my scooter.
I hope to see you guys later this year. Enjoy yourselves. Hardy
hardybaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:14 PM   #26
Tourmeister
Keeper of the Asylum

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardybaker View Post
I've got to put in my two cents worth. I'm spending most of the years on the 110 mile Long Island called Eleuthera in the Bahamas. My Suzuki 650 Burgman was the perfect choice for a fantastic ride here. I like this bike so much, even though I have a 650 VStrom in Texas which I will sell later this year, I bought a site unseen 650 Burgman that's waiting for me in Atlanta, GA. And Dody, (Ghost 1964) you were right. My man card suffers none when I ride my scooter.
I hope to see you guys later this year. Enjoy yourselves. Hardy
Funny you should post up! I was just wondering this morning if you were ever gonna get tired of paradise and come home for a visit

Total Forum Supporter Donations For April: $530.99 - Previous Month: $719.72 - Record High: Jan 16 $1539.42 - 139 Current Forum Supporters out of 20268 Users (0.69%)
Support TWT by shopping at Amazon

The number one rule for this forum!
Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Eph 4:29 (NIV)
Think before you post. Leave out the vulgarity, personal attacks and foul language!

Quote:
"However lofty the goals, if the means be depraved, the result must reflect that depravity." - Leonard E. Read

Lies are fragile. They require constant attentiveness to keep them alive. The exposure of a single truth can rip through an ocean of lies, evaporating it instantly. - Brandon Smith

If you want government to intervene domestically, you’re a liberal. If you want government to intervene overseas, you’re a conservative. If you want government to intervene everywhere, you’re a moderate. If you don’t want government to intervene anywhere, you’re an extremist. — Joe Sobran

It is no crime to be ignorant of economics, which is, after all, a specialized discipline and one that most people consider to be a ‘dismal science.' But it is totally irresponsible to have a loud and vociferous opinion on economic subjects while remaining in this state of ignorance. – Murray N. Rothbard

When one possessed of the Truth suffers from a heavy heart he is susceptible to a more dangerous affliction — the craving for power to eradicate error, to cause Truth to triumph by force. - Frank Chodorov

Where politicians flourish, long history has harshly taught us, people and their liberty wither. Where the state is god and the "public interest" worshipped, individual man will be found bleeding upon the altar. - Karl Hess

The accepted wisdom is that without the state, society would collapse into lawlessness and crime. In fact, lawlessness and crime define the very nature of the state and the society organized by it. - Bionic Mosquito

But the myth of the rule of law does more than render the people submissive to state authority; it also turns them into the state's accomplices in the exercise of its power. For people who would ordinarily consider it a great evil to deprive individuals of their rights or oppress politically powerless minority groups will respond with patriotic fervor when these same actions are described as upholding the rule of law. - John Hasnas
Tourmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:44 AM   #27
weekend_warrior

I had ridden with my mom and dad both having bikes growing up. Dirt bikes and odd 3 or 4 wheeler. When I turned 15 I rode my mother's old Yamaha Chappy to school and work for just a bit.

The shortly wanted more. So I worked out a deal and bought a Honda Elite 150 delux. With my 50cc restriction I just took the 150 badges off it. Rode it until it was stolen then ended up with 80 Firebird. The 150 had the Kenwood radio on it with remote for the thumb and power antenna. Really fun ride.

I later started riding dirt again and then bought another street bike. Lots of fun on the scooters. I had friends with 150s, 80s, and 250s. We rode around together a lot. My 150 saw all kinds of back roads into most of the areas surrounding the Mid-Cities.
06 KTM450EXC (plated) - For Sale

Last edited by weekend_warrior; 04-19-2017 at 09:49 AM.
weekend_warrior is online now   Reply With Quote