• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

I LOVE MY BIKE!

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hughes
My first bike was an 81 Honda CB 900F SS. I remember the first time I went down on it I was at a stop light getting ready to turn left. Long story short, a friend said "party at my house" while passing me. I went to through the light, jumped down on it, and hit that patch of rubble that we all hate.

:doh:

Down I went. Didn't really do anything because I wasn't going long enough to have any speed. It wasn't until an hr later and 30 miles outside of town that I found out what happened. I fell and busted the stater. I tried pushing it for a while, and realized that was stupid. So I thumbed it back to town to find a truck.

Now what does all that have to do with my new 2016 Honda Africa Twin?

The AT has TRACTION CONTROL!:clap::clap::clap::clap:

This morning on my way to work I cut the corner sharper than I ever do when I went to enter 290 from the house. Because traffic was heavy I had to stand on it. Well sure enough, I hit a patch of that rubble. The back end went to wash out and I'll be a monkeys uncle; as soon as that rear tire broke loose and went to slide the TC kicked in and the bike got back under control. By the time I realized what just happened I was already in traffic running 60+!

At that point I fell in love with my AT. AGAIN!

Nice.... I've had a few ABS moments that saved my bacon and made me appreciate all that fancy technogadgetry :thumb:

ABS is wonderful, however, downhill on a gravel road it can sometimes cause some strange things to happen such as excessively long stopping distance.

Overall, the accoutrements of modern motorcycle technology is good.

RB

ABS is wonderful, however, downhill on a gravel road it can sometimes cause some strange things to happen such as excessively long stopping distance.

Overall, the accoutrements of modern motorcycle technology is good.

RB

That's the funny thing.
You can turn off the traction control and I usually have it off. Yea I can be a moron sometimes, but I like to get the front wheel up every now and then. But I just didn't think about it today. Great for me I guess.
Oh and I can turn off the abs too. At least on the rear.

Back