• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 MexTrek #6, Oct 26th to 29th 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks!! I've got the title, I just never keep the registration once I get the sticker

It's easy enough to get a replacement registration paper. You can get it for a nominal fee at any DMV office (not just the county you're registered in.). If memory serves, all you need is the vin.

There is a slight advantage to not carrying the title around with you...

Rick G, RG, is registered and paid! Awesome.

Are you coming from Deming, NM? If so, we may consider sharing fuel and driving as I am coming from my new half-time home of Phoenix.

Last edited:
That's 26 riders confirmed with 200 days until the ride! I would love to have 50 this year and make #6 a Galeana takeover, just like the good old days of #1, #2, #3.

Here is a nice little video to fire your Mexico flames!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yXEix-z8UQ"]Motorcycle Tours in Beautiful Mexico - YouTube[/ame]

Big bend...oh wait that wasn't you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Although I did sip from the Thomas tank, I wasn't yet on reserve. It just saved me a gas stop in RGV, LOL.

Peter Sidney (Sid) however is a whole nother story...grrrr....loves to waste some time. As his dear mother jokes,

"P Siddy, slow as Shiddy".

Oh, and if we ride to Real de Catorce after Galeana, here is a teaser video of the back way up. Notice when they get to town at minute 32:13 they pull up to an old cowboy bar with double swinging doors. This, Fang, is the bar with the urinal on the wall by the pool table. It's not a big deal, cause there were no ladies allowed in this bar until modern times. But, still, rarely does one wander in. Hopefully its not right at the moment your are trying to overcome stage fright.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfSHs6aW0mE"]Real de Catorce, Mexico Motorcycle Trip May 2015 - YouTube[/ame]

It's easy enough to get a replacement registration paper. You can get it for a nominal fee at any DMV office (not just the county you're registered in.). If memory serves, all you need is the vin.

There is a slight advantage to not carrying the title around with you...

Thank you, I'm gonna go get one!!
Can I get my Gearne boots back from you??

195 days and counting....27 confirmed riders.

Here is a great map by JT for a back way up to Cerro Potosi (God's Golf Ball) that avoids the difficult and bumpy main route. Follow the green trail. Thanks JT. This was obviously some good work done to find the back route.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-13%20at%2010.16.12%20AM-XL.png

Last edited:
195 days and counting....27 confirmed riders.

Here is a great map by JT for a back way up to Cerro Potosi (God's Golf Ball) that avoids the difficult and bumpy main route. Follow the green trail. Thanks JT. This was obviously some good work done to find the back route.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-13%20at%2010.16.12%20AM-XL.png

There a joke in there somewhere ?

Sure now you post the map says the guy who's teeth were all rattled out riding up the "cobblestones" with an inadequate suspension.

It's looking good for me and the extended ride for the Day of the Dead!!!

Last time I went to Mexico on the bike (2010) I had to get a TVIP. I don't see anything about that here - no longer required?

Friendly reminders for 189 days and counting, lol.

Passport valid?

Bike registered in your name and title / registration are in known location?

Hotel in Mission for Wed night booked yet?

Time off work already booked?

All registered attendees are getting a list of all other registered attendees so planning for travel to McAllen can be easily shared!

Anyone going on the Mexico trip want to attend MotoGP Sunday, especially in the afternoon for the 2:00 PM actual MotoGP race itself?

I'm looking at sitting in some of the better seats (aka Turn 15 at the $190 ticket-level).

Thought is to ride my motorcycle and meet you at adjacent or nearby seats. Could ride together but I can't guarantee that some limited lane splitting won't happen near the event location :rider:

Reply quickly as I'm looking to buy a ticket pretty quickly; some areas already sold out.

Parking for motorbikes is free all three days (Thanks Geico Motorcycle Insurance)!.

Mzungu, I'll be coming in from Phoenix for the GP's on Sunday only. I hope my racer friend gets me another pit pass, but worst case I'll be doing GA ( I prefer GA cause I walk all over watching diff turns). Would love to meet up.

Mzungu, I'll be coming in from Phoenix for the GP's on Sunday only. I hope my racer friend gets me another pit pass, but worst case I'll be doing GA ( I prefer GA cause I walk all over watching diff turns). Would love to meet up.

GA sounds good; I've not been before and am open to any and all suggestions. We can move this to PM if you want to coordinate further.

Last edited:
Sooooooooo, I'm giving some serious thought to putting this on my calendar, but my work schedule is a little...volatile for the rest of the year :) Is there a generally preferred "cut-off" point for registration and hotel reservations?

Sooooooooo, I'm giving some serious thought to putting this on my calendar, but my work schedule is a little...volatile for the rest of the year :) Is there a generally preferred "cut-off" point for registration and hotel reservations?

Register now. Paypal your $25. I'll reserve space in Magdelena in Galeana.

The Clarion in mission never fills up. Book your room the week of the ride, or worst case double up with a solo rider who already booked.

If the trip is a no-go for you...get your tee shirt in the mail...and cry while you read the reports, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back