• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Who's ready for MOTOGP ?

I am changing my plans. I didn't realize that Motoamerica would be racing that same weekend. That makes attending Saturday more attractive for me. I sat on turn 15 the first time I went so I want to try another location this year. So if I can get a seat I will try turn 1 and then move around the general admission locations as the weekend goes progresses.

I am changing my plans. I didn't realize that Motoamerica would be racing that same weekend. That makes attending Saturday more attractive for me. I sat on turn 15 the first time I went so I want to try another location this year. So if I can get a seat I will try turn 1 and then move around the general admission locations as the weekend goes progresses.

That is the ticket. You have a designated seat but can still bogie about. Some of the most fun is the venders and people watching. Food not bad but pricy.
You can pay to get your picture with the Ducati Girls and tell all your buddies they begged you to be in the picture to compliment them and the Red Bikes. They each kept a copy and gave you one.
I like Moto America but would love to see WSBK come to Circuit of The Americas. There is less chance of this than me getting a free pic. with the Ducati ladies :lol2:

I have an extra ticket in t15 if anybody is interested. $150 for all 3 days.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

rickmillertx;1497852That makes attending Saturday more attractive for me. [/QUOTE said:
MotoGP qualifying is almost as good as the race. Two 15 minute periods, the top 2 from group 1 go though to group 2, then 10 of the world's best riders get about 2 runs to claim pole. Miss this at your peril.

And sometimes you get to see Marc Marquez blow an engine, sprint back to the pit, cross the start line with seconds left on the clock, and break the **** lap record.

And sometimes you get to see Marc Marquez blow an engine, sprint back to the pit, cross the start line with seconds left on the clock, and break the **** lap record.

That was fun to watch.........I was on the other side of the wall that day....sadly he did not heed my request for a handshake and picture ......not even sure he heard the request he was so self absorbed in his own little world :rofl:

I'll be out there on Saturday working. Say hi if you see me riding around. I'll be on motor 5 covering the area around COTA...

new%20motors%202_zpsespl9lzj.jpg

Wife and I have GA tickets for Sunday. Always a good time.

I'll be out there on Saturday working. Say hi if you see me riding around. I'll be on motor 5 covering the area around COTA...

new%20motors%202_zpsespl9lzj.jpg

Wife and I have GA tickets for Sunday. Always a good time.

No offense, but hope I don't see you :giveup:
I'll be working for Mother Polars again this year leading demo rides, 4 years running we have not had an incident, not even a stop and flop..., but there have been some close calls..with riders who ride much less well and smartly then they think they do.

as much as I don't like the guy since he screwed with Rossi, that was as good performance that I've seen at COTA. better than most of the races there.

And the back up bike didn't even have his tires choice mounted on it. I was sitting in T1 and saw him blowup, run down the front stretch under the wall then back to the pits, get on the back up bike, run like heck all the way around the track, catch the green flag with a about a second before the session closed and then manhandle that bike for a record run. wow

And I did get to see Marquez fly when lost it on the corner behinds the paddock on year 1 practice. :trust:

I am very nervous. Motogp has not e-mailed me my tickets. They said I should get them 5 days in advance of the race. I e-mailed them with my concerns and they responded that they are waiting for the last batch of tickets from COTA to arrive, then they will e-mail.

A friend said I could take the confirmation to the ticket office at the track to get them printed, but that would be a hassle.

Grrrr.

I am very nervous. Motogp has not e-mailed me my tickets. They said I should get them 5 days in advance of the race. I e-mailed them with my concerns and they responded that they are waiting for the last batch of tickets from COTA to arrive, then they will e-mail.

A friend said I could take the confirmation to the ticket office at the track to get them printed, but that would be a hassle.

Grrrr.

Happened to us last year. I called, they were super-nice & we picked them up from Will-Call. Took less than 5 minutes plus the booth is right by the entrance anyway.

Grrrr.

I don't think they e-mail them. They either send them FedEx or you can print at home from your order page on TicketMaster.

Thanks Phil, that is a relief. The Motogp support said they will send me a link that will allow me to print them from home, but I haven't received it yet.

Looks like we could have a wet morning on Saturday. That could make Friday more interesting, as if FP3 on Sat morning (semi-qualifying) is predicted to be wet, then that'll make FP2 on Friday afternoon "matter" a bit more. But the real qualifying in the afternoon on Sat could (should) be dry, along with Sunny Sunday...

Here's a full weekend schedule...

Good News. Ticket e-mail arrived this afternoon. I'm loading the bike and will launch tomorrow morning.
:rider:

I'm trailering the bike to Austin. Will ride my Buell to the race to avoid paying for parking :-)

Ready to go here. Bike is prepped and riding out from Coppell Saturday morning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yep, will be interesting to compare to first year.

Anyone but Honda, please win.

Moto Guzzi truck will be there as I hear. Looking forward to seeing the new V7 IIIs, especially the Anniversaro model...

Picked up my 3 day reserved seating KTM fan pack today ready to roll

great deal 3 day reserved seats, KTM ball cap and t-shirt for $99 bucks

I am riding bike and camping Sat. night. Did it last year. So much better waking up Sunday at the Track. I am picking Vinales or Crutchlow 1 or 2 then Dovizioso on Ducatt. . cant wait to see Roger Hayden on new fantastic Suzuki GSX-XR Superbike in Moto America Sat and Sunday. The bike is so good looking. Low for Sunday 50 deg. high 74. taking jacket.

Excited! This year I got tickets for the main grandstand. Different views for me.

Back