• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

70 mpg!

rbs

Reaction score
First Name
Robert (Bob)& Kathy (Kat)
Last Name
Stafford
My goodness! Just look what I've been missing!
Just bought a Burgman 650 after riding motorcycles for many years, and dropping those heavy machines more than once
So we decided we really do enjoy riding on two wheels, the scooter was an obvious choice in our older years.
Have put a little over 400 miles on it and like it more each time I ride it.
Kat and have toured coast to coast and border to border for many years on two wheels. Never dreamed you could get 70mpg on a 650cc scoot!
Pretty cool!

You're getting 70mpg? I could only get about 48 out of mine. Maybe 50-52 if the conditions were right but 48 was my average. The Tmax gets about 50 on average.

Yeah not too many people laugh at the Burgman much anymore. Despite it being a pig weight wise, it handles extremely well. Add a topcase and you might be able to hide a body in it, well a cut up one. :eek2:

Have fun and make sure you check out burgmanusa.com They are pretty nice folks.

Hey Bob, was that you that had an ST valve check day at your house a few years ago?

Wow, that's great! Is riding down Hwy 105 scary on a scooter??

Hey Bob, was that you that had an ST valve check day at your house a few years ago?

Yep, that was me! Had fun with that one didn't we? I ended up totaling that '05 up in Canada. I have an '08 now that I am going to sell, just getting too old for those long distance rides.

Scooters are definitely AARP approved. They're keeping older folks riding longer that just don't want motorcycles anymore (usually the size and weight).

As for outrunning a Harley... not hard to do but nothing is as LOUD as a Harley! Harley's do stop at bars better than my bike, though.

Yep, that was me! Had fun with that one didn't we? I ended up totaling that '05 up in Canada. I have an '08 now that I am going to sell, just getting too old for those long distance rides.
Yep, that was a good one, you were a great host. I didn't do my valve ck that day but did a month or so later with added confidence. May be looking at one of those Maxi scooters myself in a few years, that ST seems to get heavier by the day. I'll be collecting social security at the end of the year myself.

Like Sharkey ... 51 has been the best gas mileage I've seen on my 2011 Burgman usually average around 46...

You're getting 70mpg? I could only get about 48 out of mine. Maybe 50-52 if the conditions were right but 48 was my average. The Tmax gets about 50 on average.

Yeah not too many people laugh at the Burgman much anymore. Despite it being a pig weight wise, it handles extremely well. Add a topcase and you might be able to hide a body in it, well a cut up one. :eek2:

Have fun and make sure you check out burgmanusa.com They are pretty nice folks.

keep your speed under 100mph and the milage goes up!:lol2:

have you considered updating your signature line??:mrgreen:

keep your speed under 100mph and the milage goes up!:lol2:

have you considered updating your signature line??:mrgreen:

Good point Mr Green!
I have changed it!

Currently, I have a 2012 Blue Goldwing and a 2010 Honda NT700 in red and both are really good at what they do.

I do however miss my past Maxi-scooters: A 2009 Yamaha T-Max500, a 2007 and 2009 Burgman 650 and a 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500 and lots more from 50cc to 250cc's.

I guarantee you that a maxi-scooter will put a smile on your face, especially in the case of the T-Max, when you leave some poor squid on his supersports bike in the twisties:)

Most of the Harleys are limited in top speed due to their Electronic control modules, that limit rpm's and top speeds to about 105--110 mph.

Now my last Harley and I've had 3, would be harder to outrun at 160++ mph top speed and 135++ mph @ low 10's in the quarter:clap:

A BUELL 1125CR is a Harley---right??:rofl:

Sam:)

Currently the new Burgmans have a engine upgrade and way better fuel economy than my '06. One of the reasons I am looking at them as a possible upgrade. Between them and the new CTX700N from Honda. They both get around 70 MPG.

Have the BMW F650GS and it gets between 50-60 on the highway at 70mph. Way better at 60 mph in sixth on level ground around 75mpg. Wonder if my wife would like a Burgman? Sounds like an easy one to enjoy and ride.

Like Sharkey ... 51 has been the best gas mileage I've seen on my 2011 Burgman usually average around 46...

My ZRX1200 got better mpg than that. However, if you want to get bad gas mileage, a ZRX will certainly cooperate with you.

Don't think I ever corrected this thread, but I never got 70mpg! For those familiar with the Burgman you know the electronic dash can be quite confusing. I most likely had the odometer set on imperial gal when I thought I had 70mpg!
I have sense put many more miles on it that avg around 50mpg.

Burgman

Just completing a vacation in which I rode the Burgman over Bear Tooth Pass, Glacier National Park Rode to the Sun, Lolo Pass, and several of the islands off the Wash coast! It performed just great, and was all two up.

Don't think I ever corrected this thread, but I never got 70mpg! For those familiar with the Burgman you know the electronic dash can be quite confusing. I most likely had the odometer set on imperial gal when I thought I had 70mpg!
I have sense put many more miles on it that avg around 50mpg.

70 miles/imperial gallon = 58.3 miles/ U.S. gallon

In any case, I did not get 70 mpg, never anything close!

Back