• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

I am sensing a rift in the Austin crowd . . . :ponder:

The insiders and the outsiders.

Certainly good bike weather around here too.

There is no rift. Stop spreading rumors.

Billy's is going on 8 years and is a tradition, I've been going for 5 of those years. There are times when other things pop up and it grabs others interests. Some go to Billy's exclusively, some (like myself) go to both and some try out other venues when they're discovered. The coffee trailer at the new place is owned by a motorcycle rider who has been self employed for 20 years. Nice guy (forgot or didn't catch his name).

This thread is still the Billy's thread. When the Hot Rod Coffee Trailer was a hit they had their own thread. There's a good sized crowd of folks that like to meet on Thursday's in Austin and we like choices. Billy's parking lot is limited at times and as it turns out so are the trailers just south, especially if they become more popular which I suspect they will. But you can fit up to 4 motorcycles in a single parking space.

None of us are picking sides or forming cliques. If you're in Austin on Thursday's and want to join us for lunch you can go to Billy's or the trailers which are about a block south of Billy's and no ones feelings will be hurt.

Billy's opens at 11:00 am and there are almost always a couple-few people there at that time. Sometimes we stay to noon, sometimes later. Every week is a toss-up. Usually the larger the crowd the longer folks stay. I've been there past 1:00 pm at times (but only on my days off, not on work days).

Last edited:
Guess I'll sit inside, too :(

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Good group @ Billy's today. The weather was crisp and slightly windy. The mile crunching motorcycle team was out in full force with the official ride captain, Greg, parking his bike near the front steps.

This month is the Big Bend Adventure riding bash...I hope to see ThomasM and JeffS there.

:sun:

RB

Good group @ Billy's today. The weather was crisp and slightly windy. The mile crunching motorcycle team was out in full force with the official ride captain, Greg, parking his bike near the front steps.

This month is the Big Bend Adventure riding bash...I hope to see ThomasM and JeffS there.

:sun:

RB

I was bracketed by a non-TWT Kawa KZ1000(?) on the left and Steve's bike on the right. We had an 80% (including Jeff's pedal powered) two wheeled turnout today.

I have no idea whether I'm in or out. Which doesn't bode well for me showing.

Tried to get there, but the suburban wouldn't start. At the shop now. ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be the lonely guy at Billy's today wishing I was out west at Uncle's...

Last meeting of the minds for March is tomorrow! I should be at Billy's. Weather forecast for 11am is mid-70's and sunny so there's no excuse to not be on a motorbike (well there's many excuses but they aren't valid).

Jeff, I also wished I was in Big Bend but wasn't either as I was working. My wife tells me she doesn't want me riding in Big Bend anymore after what happened to my back the last time I was there but she isn't the boss of me! I'll have to go again eventually, the lure is just too great. And I'll be more careful, keep it easy (and that won't be easy).

Doors open at 11:00 am, see you at Billy's!

I am going to try and make it, would be my first if I can...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I may be helping someone move (ugh) or I may be at Billy's this Thursday. If at Billy's I should be riding my DR.

In May I have time off and was planning on going to the Overland Expo West in Flagstaff, AZ. I'd load the DR into the back of the truck, take my dog Tank and head west. Looks like I'll be getting a Kodiak truck tent to sleep in. I've had the Napier Sportz truck tents in the past. I'll take a few days to get out there, going through NM and AZ in the northern parts. I haven't camped in quite a while, might be my last time.

** Tank is a mix between Labrador and Beagle mostly. He's about 40 lbs, mostly black and very loyal. He's also the most protective dog we have but likes to curl up in my lap if he can. I figure us guys can take a road trip together since he rides well in the truck. Of course the camera will be going.

At the trailers with a slow geezer...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Back