• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Re-Intro of a guy who has barely been here.

№350

Reaction score
First Name
№350
Well I had this account for years, let it go silent, then became active again for taking part in the Meet and Greet ride events.

Recently I was booted from the Facebook KLR group I frequented for being military and for also practicing the discipline of riflery.

So here is to hoping a bright future with my new adoptive family of folks on the internet whom also like to discuss our motorcycles and whatnot.

I'm from the Fort Hood area, I'm mechanically proficient, and an all / year all weather rider. I don't enjoy long straight roads or fuel high in ethanol.
I do enjoy working turn signals, and lane splitting :D

PICTURES!
This is my main bike and my favorite. I've gottin it pretty high strung and it shows to those whom I've ridden with. Not gonna bore ya'll with a list of mods but it's no longer the pudgy KLR everyone is used to.
http://i.imgur.com/r1IBt2z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Awwph7D.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WPJLwjL.jpg

*If this forum is anti military or anti-civil rights please notify me.

KLR's, Military AND likes firearms? You'll fit right in....

Welcome back.

Welcome again check your PMs. Next M@G is April 12th still deciding on next location. Bring your sleeping bag system and join in. We just had one just up the road from you in Salado Sunday. KP

Welcome back. And thanks for your help in selecting a modular sleeping system last fall. It's been keeping me warm and dry since then. Had a small leak in my tent over the weekend, puddle of water near my feet, but the gore-tex outer layer of the sleeping system kept me nice a dry during the overnight rain. Hope you get to join in on the camping fun soon.

What is that I spy under the moldy tarp in the background of picture number 3?

Welcome back. And thanks for your help in selecting a modular sleeping system last fall. It's been keeping me warm and dry since then. Had a small leak in my tent over the weekend, puddle of water near my feet, but the gore-tex outer layer of the sleeping system kept me nice a dry during the overnight rain. Hope you get to join in on the camping fun soon.
Glad to hear that. They really are a great system. I also love the therm-a-rest the army issued me. it folds well and self inflates. Beats the training days of shoving pine needles and leaves under my bag. Just shove it between the liner and your bag at night and boom, 5 star comfort.

What is that I spy under the moldy tarp in the background of picture number 3?
1967 Ford Mustang coupe. I have a finished V8 and the original straight 6 engine for it.

It's a project.

№350;1331951 said:
Recently I was booted from the Facebook KLR group I frequented for being military and for also practicing the discipline of riflery.

Booted from a KLR group for being military and practicing riflery?? Good lord when did the KLR-istas get taken over by Californians??

We shot a 2 lb load of tannerite and a bunch of clay pigeons last night.... hopefully Scott doesn't boot me for saying that ;)

I have knowledge of that year Mustang and maybe a few parts if your in need.

We're thinking of booting you because KLRs are just so darned ugly - said the guy with the VStrom. :doh: Welcome back.

Nice bike :clap: You will be very :welcome: here

klr1_zpsfzlmteso.jpg

klr2_zps9itbk7pr.jpg

klr3_zpstc2a1cc0.jpg

Last edited:
№350;1331951 said:
Well I had this account for years, let it go silent, then became active again for taking part in the Meet and Greet ride events.

So here is to hoping a bright future with my new adoptive family of folks on the internet whom also like to discuss our motorcycles and whatnot.

I'm from the Fort Hood area, I'm mechanically proficient, and an all / year all weather rider. I don't enjoy long straight roads or fuel high in ethanol.
I do enjoy working turn signals, and lane splitting :D

PICTURES!
This is my main bike and my favorite. I've gottin it pretty high strung and it shows to those whom I've ridden with. Not gonna bore ya'll with a list of mods but it's no longer the pudgy KLR everyone is used to.
http://i.imgur.com/r1IBt2z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Awwph7D.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WPJLwjL.jpg

*If this forum is anti military or anti-civil rights please notify me.
Welcome! I for one appreciate you're service.

Winterizing is wearing a jacket!
"It's Always Riding Season!"

Welcome back.... Check out out guns for sale sub-forum. I think you are home here.

For those who have not meet our number friend he is a good young fellow. Loves bikes and guns,and modifying his ride. Not afraid to ride in unfamiliar places and likes to camp also. I will be happy to introduce you to him at the next meet and greet he attends.

You sure will fit in here, the only thing you are missing is Paragliding, we respect the armed forces and it's personnel here and value firearms!! Not sure about the KLR, but we will make an exception for that!! Welcome to the club..

Gary

You sure will fit in here, the only thing you are missing is Paragliding, we respect the armed forces and it's personnel here and value firearms!! Not sure about the KLR, but we will make an exception for that!! Welcome to the club..

Gary

My father paraglides.
He just bought a revolver 320 set up.

Pro-gun .Pro Motorcycle. Pro Texas. You will fit in well. Welcome and thank for your service to our great state and country.

So your thread brings an interesting thought to mind. We could set up Meet &Shoot rides. There a some good ranges in the Central Texas area.

Back