• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Great Divide Ride: June 10 - 16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Money sent.

BTW, I have a 1 gal rotopax and mounting bracket if any of the Dfw guys need to borrow it for this trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I submitted the registration this morning, I think. I will be leaving on Thursday heading to big bend then up to New Mexico on Friday, that is the rough plan right now. Does anyone in central Texas want to meet up and ride together? Big Bend isn't a must, but it's amazing and sort of on the way. I will be camping the entire way.

Collin

Last edited:
I submitted the registration this morning, I think. I will be leaving on Thursday heading to big bend then up to New Mexico on Friday, that is the rough plan right now. Does anyone in central Texas want to meet up and ride together? Big Bend isn't a must, but it's amazing and sort of on the way. I will be camping the entire way.

Collin

I'm going to around the band rally on march 23rd. Still didn't decided will I ride orntrailer my bike for the great divide

If you search earlier in this thread some of us from the metromess are riding and your welcome to join us..

I think there is a pretty big group riding from the metromess... I know Jampad, JoToPe, Dualsportrider and Simmons1 are all riding from this area... That's 4 and I'm certain I saw others... jetdr21 is 5 and I saw others....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for travel group/person!

I have registered and booked hotels for this trip. That being said I am a noob to adventure riding and I am trying to work out some traveling logistics.

I have a new 2017 KTM 500 EXC-F that I would like to use for this ride and a 1200gsa as an option. I want to take the 500 EXC-F as is much more suited to off road (and I think it would be way more fun). It just isn't good for highway travel and the maintenance interval on it is terrible. So I really don't want to ride it from Houston to NM and back from CO.

Are there any groups/people from Houston planning to haul there bikes to the start? I read some good options here on partially supported rides. Park in middle, two vehicles, uhaul back to start, etc,.

Does anyone from Houston area have solid plans and room for one more? If not, is anyone interested in teaming up to minimize the highway time?

Thanks!

Kromy67 and my self are planning for this. Call him.
I also have a KTM 500 that I am going to use for the trip.
You are welcome to join.

Looking for travel group/person!

I have registered and booked hotels for this trip. That being said I am a noob to adventure riding and I am trying to work out some traveling logistics.

I have a new 2017 KTM 500 EXC-F that I would like to use for this ride and a 1200gsa as an option. I want to take the 500 EXC-F as is much more suited to off road (and I think it would be way more fun). It just isn't good for highway travel and the maintenance interval on it is terrible. So I really don't want to ride it from Houston to NM and back from CO.

Are there any groups/people from Houston planning to haul there bikes to the start? I read some good options here on partially supported rides. Park in middle, two vehicles, uhaul back to start, etc,.

Does anyone from Houston area have solid plans and room for one more? If not, is anyone interested in teaming up to minimize the highway time?

Thanks!

There is a slight possibility that we have an F-150 and driver available with off road tires, which we could use as a support truck. Are there already any support vehicles? Also, based on what I am hearing, it sounds like most of the roads the truck could handle, right?

I am in a similar boat, as of right now I am 89% going just to far out to plan. I am in midland, and will be riding a dr650. Thinking I could ride from here to silver city nm, head north. Then looking for a ride for me and my bike from steam boat CO back to midland tx. Looking to camp the whole way. Or be picked up and share fuel cost, driving . ....... I have a trailer that can haul 2 small bikes safely.

something you guy should thank about this is what i just started looking at is renting a spot to leave my truck and trailer at. Las Vegas NM is half way between so that's 400 miles are so both ways to ride to silver city or back to the trailer and then home. I should have some answers in a few days are so maybe some one else can come up with something better. There was a post here of a trip in that area that they left there vehicles for a week are so while they rode but i have not been able to find it.

Aaron

The KOA in Clayton NM is a good place to leave vehicles.

We have uused them several times. I think they charge $2 per day.

Is anybody open to a possibility of riding whole continental divide route?

Is anybody open to a possibility of riding whole continental divide route?

I would love to, but do not have the time. I am still worried about snow in all the passes as early as we are going. I did part of the COBDR in July of 2015 and their was still snow in the high passes, but it was all passable. With all the snow they have had this year, July may be too early. :)

Check out Big _ John's post earlier in the this thread in regards to snow on the passes. I have talked to him and most of the high passes in Colorado will still be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back