• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hello from Houston.

Welcome to TWT. And congratulations; you're running into the same issues with Photobucket as all the rest of us here. You'll meet lots of friendly folks here from Houston, Austin, the Metroplex, plus a few dozen states and a couple of foreign countries.

Welcome from Central West Houston!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Welcome from one of the many absolutely-of-no-importance places in the heartland of Texas. Since I reached my third score and ten years birthday recently, smaller and lighter is very appealing. I would appreciate your views on the great qualities of the R3 and when and where you ride it. A 31" seat height and 368 wet weight are talking to me.

I would appreciate your views on the great qualities of the R3 and when and where you ride it. A 31" seat height and 368 wet weight are talking to me.

It has exceeded my expectations. I bought a 320cc bike first because that's all my wife and I could afford, if I wanted a new and not used bike. And second I was just going to get it for riding around Houston and nearby places-no long trips. But it's so comfortable and has so much power for freeway riding----I've thought about doing something I've been wanting to do for 20 years-----Ironbutt Saddle Sore 1000. Which is 1000 miles in 24 hours for those who don't know. I tell ya this thing rides like a 500cc bike! And my short legs love the low seat height. Before I bought it I test rode a Honda CBR300R. But the Honda has one fatal flaw-it's a single cylinder. And it has much less power. I didn't bother with a Ninja 300-don't like that bike. I sat on a Suzuki GSX250R. I felt so heavy it felt like a 600. ANd it's 250cc instead of 300. So I ruled that one out too. If you want a small and inexpensive sport bike I highly recommend the R3.

Last edited:
PM sent...

I got the message. But I won't be able to make it. Right now I'm underemployed(former machinist)delivering pizzas at this time. I get off of work about 2 or 3am and need more sleep than a couple of hours. But I would like to attend in the future. If you guys ride every Sat morning I can request to get off about 11pm one Friday night so I can be up Sat morning.

I got the message. But I won't be able to make it. Right now I'm underemployed(former machinist)delivering pizzas at this time. I get off of work about 2 or 3am and need more sleep than a couple of hours. But I would like to attend in the future. If you guys ride every Sat morning I can request to get off about 11pm one Friday night so I can be up Sat morning.

We ride on sat and Sun...watch the site i sent in the PM for my ride threads...

Back