• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Nice Place to Stay in Poteau OK

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
The wife & I are vacationing (Jeep & trailer vacationing) in OK, and have just spent 3 nice days along the Talimena Highway at Talimena State Park.

Now here's the bad news - We ended up stuck in Talihena this morning with a fried trailer wheel bearing, which also ruined the brake shoes. I'm picking parts in Poteau, am stuck overnight, and will get back to Talihina tomorrow, get the trailer put back together, & we'll be on our way to Beavers Bend.

Here's the good news - Poteau Inn in Poteau. $49 per night for a couple. It's clean, smells nice, has modern TVs, free wifi, and the owners are very friendly and even (surprise) speak English. I'm passing this along because Poteau is easy access for those of you who might be looking for a hotel to stay in while riding the scenic highway.

I hope this trip has now been predisastered, and the rest will be (cross fingers here) smooth sailing.

Back