• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

What could this be?

philipbarrett

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Got home today to find this package, complete with Deutsche Post label, what could it be?

L1020964.jpg

Well my, lookee here, it's an RS windscreen, how convenient is that?

L1020965.jpg

Actually it's the WUDO from WUDO Motorrad. Being unavailable in the US I clicked on the German website and ordered me one. Sounds simple except that the website is 100% in a language other than our own and Google translate was unable to help (something to do with the HTML formatting I believe). After a lot of poking around I decided to risk it, enter my credit card number & see what showed up on my doorstep (if anything). Half expecting a valve stem for a '69 /5 or a wheel bearing for a Zundapp I was pleased to find I had actually ordered the correct part!

More to follow, I'll probably mount it tomorrow.

Got the screen attached. Had to enlarge the holes slightly but otherwise no issues. Right now it's in the full upright position (for landing & takeoff I presume), I'll run up the highway for a full test once the crosswind dies down.

file-22.jpg

file-27.jpg

Next up was to replace the stock RS intakes with those from the GS. This gives a little more midrange punch at a slight expense on the upper end.

file-23.jpg

Last week I had modified a Givi rack to fit since the Italians want $79 and the Germans want about $400! The Givi is actually designed for the RT (they have no RS model) but using the parts included in the kit & a $5 run to Lowes I replicated the BMW support legs & feet.

file-24.jpg

file-25.jpg

Just a good looking machine IMHO!

file-26.jpg

Back