• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

bike lift

Reaction score
I ride a BMW LT and have been doing all service work from ground level.
As I get older, rolling around on the concrete is less of a thrill than it once was. Yesterday I invested in a Derek Weaver Tx XLT lift. Got it out of the truck last evening....alone, 595 pounds, what fun!
Assembled and drove the scooter onto it this morning. My goodness I've been missing the easy life. The LT is a top heavy hand full at low speed but the approach ramp and side extenision made the load on no more difficult than loading a trike.
Christmas is early!!!

Congratulations. After 30+ years of working on my own bike, I bought a harbor freight pneumatic bike lift, and wondered why I had waited 30 years to get one. It makes working on the bikes so much easier.. :clap:

Gary

now, get a roll around chair & rollers for your tool box & tool table

you know, the kind that are foot operated, to lift/roll & drop/stay

one for the refreshment box too...

HAPPY WRENCHING:clap:

sw

I know the feeling. After buying a pretty econ hyd unit and having to rebuild the cylinder 3 times I bought an air unit. Kinda spoils you having the bike up where you don't have to roll on the floor, getting up and down. My older body protest more every year. ;-)

Back