• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Took a Little Ride

Reaction score
First Name
Tad
Last Name
Eubank
In most people's terms, it was a short ride but for me, it was a pretty long one. I left Austin Wednesday morning and rode up to the Texas/Oklahoma border to visit family.

Took I-35 through Ft Worth on the way up, through Gainesville and over to Sherman. Visit my mom/dad at the cemetery, ran up the the border and into Oklahoma (turned around and left as quickly as I could), went over to Lake Texoma and then bedded down at my daughter's place in Sherman.

Left out Thursday morning, down hwy 75/Central Expressway through Dallas (met a really nice Texas State Trooper just north of McKinney to get my performance award warning :eek2:). Down I-35 back home. Didn't take too many pictures but here's the best of what I did take.

Round trip, 580 miles. Total moving time: 8 hours and 48 minutes. Moving average: 66mph. This was the first "long" ride I've taken on this bike since I got it about 3 months ago and this was the shake-down tour. All in all, the bike passed the test with flying colors.

overlooko.jpg

54572777.jpg

40625742.jpg

93340311.jpg

53531580.jpg

At my daughter's place, Rubik had company in the parking garage. Due to the volume of bugs in his teeth, he had to look away in embarrassment. :doh:

lookaway.jpg

Nice trip, I really like solo trips like that. You have got to work on your routing skills next though. :lol2: Through the middle of Dallas and Ft. Worth? :eek2:

Eh, I had time constraints. Originally I planned on running through Greenville and up hwy 69 but that still involved multi-miles of slab. Since I know me and the bike can handle the miles, I'm ready to do a multi-day ride on this bike. :clap:

I had a 96 k110rs and regret selling it to this day. What a solid, fun bike! Change the oil and fluids and it'll run forever....and run pretty darn fast! Sold it with 85,000 miles on it and talked to the guy that bought it...now has over 100,000 miles and never a problem.

I'm truly enjoying this bike. The only minor issue I have is wrist-related but I'm dealing with it. Some of the ergos have been dealt with by others using barbacks or new handlebars but I don't want to mess with extending cables or brake lines. But getting off the bike about every 100 miles or so seems to relieve any hint of discomfort.

As for the speed/power......I dunno what you're talking about. :trust: :duck:

I'm truly enjoying this bike. The only minor issue I have is wrist-related but I'm dealing with it. Some of the ergos have been dealt with by others using barbacks or new handlebars but I don't want to mess with extending cables or brake lines. But getting off the bike about every 100 miles or so seems to relieve any hint of discomfort.

As for the speed/power......I dunno what you're talking about. :trust: :duck:

Certain you will have to extend cables? Used the bar-backs on my beemer and had no problem. 1" back, 1"up I believe. 2005 RT though.

Rode one of those some time ago. They had lots of low end torque to my recollection. Did not have to down shift much. Great ride.

I may not have to lengthen the cables but there's still some mods that have to be made to the handlebar cover. It moves it back just enough that you have to modify the keyhole and such. I'm not sure I'm ready to do that. :shrug:

Back