• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: DFW demo ride

Thanks for posting this. I always seem to hear about these after they've occurred. :doh:

But, not this time! :clap:

Thanks for posting this. I always seem to hear about these after they've occurred. :doh:

But, not this time! :clap:
Not a problem. It's never advertised enough when demo days come along. I've heard there might also be some at the COTA moto gp race but I haven't confirmed anything or verified.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I would like to see more manufacturers do the demo days in the Dfw area. I think BMW may do one though you have to check their website for when & where.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Looks like there are a few others in Texas.
Houston (Mancuso, April 6- 7)
Austin (Moto GP, April 20-22)
Hurst (Freedom Powersports, April 27-28)

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/motorsports/yamahaevents

Thx for those dates. But as an
FYI...the demo rides in Austin was located inside the COTA/motoGP grounds for the past 2 yrs when I attended motogp. I could be wrong, but it doesn't appear that joe public can walk past the gate to demo a ride w/o having a MotoGP ticket to get inside the compound first.

I'll be in Plano all next weekend, so I could/should check out this open public yamaha demo ride, even though I know better. New bikes sell themselves.

I went to this on Friday. I had a great time, but only had time to try 2 bikes. I'm glad the info was posted or I wouldn't have known about it. I hope more manufacturers do this as well. The only reason I was happy with my Versys when I bought it was because I had a chance at the Dallas bike show to try a few different bikes out. But that was like 2010 last time they had the demo rides that I saw in DFW.

Back