• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Wanted::: IMS or Acerbis tank for a DR650

Reaction score
Like the title says, I am looking for either an IMS or an Acerbis tank. I don't want to go with the 6.6, it wouldn't suit my riding style. But the 4.9 or 5.3 would work for me. Also looking for a rear turn signal, and a few other odds and ends. Please help a guy out!

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

I'm looking for side plastics for my brother's DR, I'm hoping to find a larger tank for the bike as well as a skid plate for it. It would be amazing to find exhaust parts, but I'm not going to lose sleep if I don't. I'm willing to pay, if just rather not have to pay through the nose for it

Sorry no side covers, But I have a stock exhaust system with less than a 1k miles will let go for $100, going out to verify Turn signal.
BTW there was a set of white covers listed on ADV rider.

Last edited:
I've got some spare DR parts laying around if interested. Also a stock seat (not pictured) The front fender IS black, the rear has been painted black by a PO.

3116ea67733d96bcccd83a5513a1a780.jpg

Last edited:
I am definitely interested in the fenders, as well as ten grip guards!

Sorry, just saw your reply. Make me an offer I can't refuse and you can have it all, minus the mirrors. I think I'm gonna hang onto those in case I hate the bar ends I put on the bike.

@fast68back: let me see whatever I can put together. I'm a little strapped right nice, someone else hasn't been paying rent since they lost their job. I am still very interested, though.

@lahawk1: I appreciate it! Unfortunately, I think he went with another buyer. I had reached out to him, was working something out, and then he fell off the planet

The Acerbis tank has several drawbacks. Your stock petcock won't fit and the new one is not nearly as nice (no vacuum port). The gas cap that comes with the Acerbis is probably it's worse feature - their vented, locking replacement is better, but still a challenge to put on and off at times. I've not tried the IMS, but take a good look at it before you settle for the Acerbis.

1) So you turn valve off when ur done for the day.
no guarantee the vacuum shutoff is going to work anyway.

2) Turn the cap counter clockwise till it drops in the threads, then screw it on.

I have had my Acerbis tank for 3 years now and no problems that I consider worth mentioning or would prohibit me from buying another one.

Back