• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Where you gonna run now

woodsguy

Ride Red
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Vaughan
Bad boys, Bad boys, where you going to run now!

Attachments

• 17353667_10154616337073246_4709063472774133014_n.jpg
    17353667_10154616337073246_4709063472774133014_n.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 290
That is the only thing that would make me put the badge back on....where were these 35 years ago?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

I just searched this and they are 350's donated so they can patrol the trail systems around FW.

Just gets better!

Attachments

• 17310034_10213121392816370_5094825911985616708_o.jpg
    17310034_10213121392816370_5094825911985616708_o.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 235
They'll still need to come up with officers who can actually ride them well. It'd be a shame for an officer to get hurt and a bike to get busted trying to chase some yahoo down the trails because the officer was going faster than their skill allowed.

Maybe it'll help with recruitment!

They'll still need to come up with officers who can actually ride them well. It'd be a shame for an officer to get hurt and a bike to get busted trying to chase some yahoo down the trails because the officer was going faster than their skill allowed.

Maybe it'll help with recruitment!

These riders as we speak now are going thru training from Bill Dragoo at TWS. Goggle him, by the time he's through with them they'll be better than us!:rider:

These riders as we speak now are going thru training from Bill Dragoo at TWS. Goggle him, by the time he's through with them they'll be better than us!:rider:

Exactly training, study, practice, OTJ...rinse and repeat more often than the average rider could ever dream of. Just look at the moto cops on 2 wheels. They handle those huge bikes like they are 50cc scooters. I could never imagine being able to ride a LEO rodeo course like they do. Very impressive...I expect similar for these new off road officers.

_

There are some plenty capable riders lurking in the ranks of the blue brigade. Don't sell 'em short.

I'd bet any moto patrol officer could just jump right on one of those and give most of us a run for the money . There's a few here that could give them some tips . I wouldn't pick a fight with one .

Not that I'm the mischievous law-breaking type, but it is sad to think that at some point there won't be anywhere you get go to get away from it all.

Yup :(

How many trails are in FW that you can operate dirt bikes on?

the trinity river trails go from one side of town to the other following the river and are popular with walkers, runners and bicyclers and there have been several cases of criminals jumping out of the bushes and attacking people.

That's what I'm asking. How many OHV trails are there in Fort Worth? None that I can remember from being stationed there. I dunno seems like the money could have been better spent elsewhere.

It's not just for OHV trails, it's for walking trails, bike paths or jogging ways, they will be able to patrol and get up in there faster. Like they use horses in some places.

Last edited:
Does sorta seem strange to have dirt bikes for pursuit of other dirt bikers...when there aren't even any areas for dirt bikers to congregate. What are they gonna put one stationed here and there around the city in case a report comes in about SOMEONE riding somewhere off the pavement! Should leave plenty of time for the officers to practice up on their wheelies and stoppies in between desperate dirt biker man hunt chases.

Oh now I see. They are going to use their dirt bikes everywhere that all the other dirt bikes can't go.
Nice one guys!

I just searched this and they are 350's donated so they can patrol the trail systems around FW.

There's a trail system around FW? Can you share more info?

Gary

Back