• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DAL/FTW: South O' the Plex - Meet & Eat

Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Interested in Meet & Eat for members in the South of the DFW Metroplex? Someplace local for Arlington, Grand Prairie, Duncanville, Cedar Hill, Mansfield, etc. We can concentrate our meeting choices to the South of the Metroplex, Arlington/Grand Prairie/D'Ville/Cedar Hill/Midlothian/Mansfield, etc; I-30/I-20 and South.

No set time, place or day. Each week, someone "hosts" by posting a poll with a few choices of where and when we could meet. Maybe 2 or 3 days & times and where you would like to meet. The highest vote determines place and time. The next week, someone else "hosts"; the first to post a Poll that week wins the opportunity to host.

We can rotate all over the area at different times and places. Suggest your favorite and lets enjoy good company, great conversation and new places to dine. Sat. night at IHOP, OK. Sunday brunch at your local cafe, OK. Thursday evening at Pantego Bay Seafood, OK.

Last edited:
I'll host first.

Dairy Queen on I-20 @ GSW Pkwy, Monday @ 7:00

or

Fuzzys Tacos, Arlington, Abrams St, Tuesday @ 7:00

The poll has to be in a separate post.

Last edited:
Hmm.. I've never had either. Fuzzy tacos doesn't sound very appealing :lol2:

I guess I'll go from the top down - DQ it is for me too!

Fuzzy's Tacos is excellent! But i am good with either.
;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm still working out the details on how to organize this Meetup.

I created this thread to lay out the plan on how we decide Meets and so forth, but I couldn't get a Poll into the thread.

So, I created another post with just the Poll and it worked.

We'll have to discuss how the website works and what we want to do, when we meet.

It looks like Dairy Queen is winning; I love their Ice Cream! :eat:
I worked at DQ when I was 15 (my first job) and I can still put that little "curly que top" in the ice cream cone.

Oh, Fuzzy's Tacos, although a funny name, has really good food and a nice patio in the shade.

Awesome!
I plan on making a few of these ...

I like Fuzzy's, but it's really not an ideal place to go for just a coke or a milkshake (which they don't even have).

OK, it looks like Dairy Queen wins the first meetup. I'll see you there around 7:00. It's just west of Great Southwest Parkway on I-20. Right in front of Northern Tools if'n you need some tools and stuff.

Who wants to host the next meetup? The first one who posts gets to host.

I'll host the next.. Any objections to a Saturday morning breakfast? Maybe FM157 and Sublet area? Good Day Cafe... :eat:

Ooh, keep these going. I might be up for this starting maybe next month. Right now moving and finishing up summer schedules has me tied up.

Might I suggest "Babes Chicken Dinner" in Cedar Hill for a possible meetup? Love that place, and you could swing by the new Krispy Kreme on the way home to grab a box of deliciousness.

Today not good, nor is sat... :/
Im all about ice cream and breakfast. Heck, ill eat ice cream for breakfast! Getting ready to leave Tuesday to cali for a funeral. Be back late Sat.
Will catch up on the next one for sure. ;)

[emoji85] I've got company from out of town. Sorry I couldn't make it [emoji85]

It was great fun tonight at DQ. We talked about bikes, photography, gun ranges and speeding tickets. Here's a photo of most of us: Bill (DFW warrior) Humzah (Alpine Ridge) and brothers (sorry didn't get their names) and Tim (Tshelfer) and my "kiddie cone". Missing from photo is Chris (Abner Ravenwood) & me.

20150817_193032_zpsu8vv6uzp.jpg

Last edited:
Back