• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Galeana

Ditto on the approximate departure time from DFW--I might see you on the road. Taking I-35→US-77→I-2/US-83. Doing the paperwork together sounds like a plan--I'm in. See you in Mercedes!

So you'll be at la copa hotel too friday 8 am with Phillip?

Went over to Ciudad Camargo to get my permit & TVIP.....going good, then Bam ! The skys opened up and it poured a hail & rain, computers went down, power went off. Now two hours later I'm havin a coke and getting some good habla instruction from all the employees on a power outage break. Looks like its going to be awhile.....

Slight change of plan for me. I've had a minor setback but still driving to McAllen tonight. The bridge opens at 6am and I plan to be there shortly after that to do all my paperwork, and will wait for you guys on the Mexico side of the border. I've updated my phone number on phillip's list to a number that I can receive texts. Sounds like you guys will be crossing the bridge between 8:30 and 9am. See you then, ready to ride.

Ok, it's been an hour . Where are those ride reports :clap:

Yeah....I wanna hear about the "epic" part....:-P
And thanks guys for allowing me and my little XT to tag along on your ride. I had a great time, even if we never found any Ivonne stickers.

Thanks for being the tour guide! I'm waiting on the others to upload (hint hint) their pictures to get the report started.

Hey Phil I started a thread in after the ride....
Thanks to you & Zeek & Pat for nav & guide. Thanks to Pete helping me pick up & stay up.
Cheers to all you guys for an awesome trip

I had a blast and you guys were apart of it, thanks. I'll be uploading my pics tonight after work. Philip are you going to edit everybody pics and put them together in a sequence? Mek trek is next in October: Buena vista camp and goat dinner....

Too funny...I was headed to get groceries in my tacoma right now and saw several riders parked under the harlingen hwy intersect near bass pro and decided to stop. I only recognized sorta one guy so we chatted. Turns out he was severely, the guy who started this chat and is ultimately responsible for introducing me to doing my first twt mex group ride and opening a world of amazing friends I've made and rode with since. But I left right now to get groceries without realizing who severely was, we knew we had riden in the same mextrek later that yr in oct but not that I owe him a beer at least for this chat etc. So I'm pm..ing him now to get his phone # so I can do just that. Small world huh?
So I read this chat briefly and thanks again to all who rode and gave input helping put this together JT, Bob, pete, Pat, Doug, Thomas, Vinny, Peter, Philip, etc and especially Severely for starting the chat. We getting together soon for that beer.

Yup let's do it...in honor of Severely first name Jim lol. How about May Memorial weekend? I won't know for sure if I get work time off until 60 days prior but let's start the planning eitherway...if anything we do the weekend after memorial day weekend if I can't.

Too funny...I was headed to get groceries in my tacoma right now and saw several riders parked under the harlingen hwy intersect near bass pro and decided to stop. I only recognized sorta one guy so we chatted. Turns out he was severely, the guy who started this chat and is ultimately responsible for introducing me to doing my first twt mex group ride and opening a world of amazing friends I've made and rode with since. But I left right now to get groceries without realizing who severely was, we knew we had riden in the same mextrek later that yr in oct but not that I owe him a beer at least for this chat etc. So I'm pm..ing him now to get his phone # so I can do just that. Small world huh?
So I read this chat briefly and thanks again to all who rode and gave input helping put this together JT, Bob, pete, Pat, Doug, Thomas, Vinny, Peter, Philip, etc and especially Severely for starting the chat. We getting together soon for that beer.

Absolutely incredible coincidence. Yes ,I'm good to go whenever. BTW, # is 816 661 3151.

Back