• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Tarrant Tag.

"I S.B. Burnett do hereby give onto the city of Fort Worth, this land for the purpose of creating a place of recreation in the very heart of the city, as a public park and particulary for relief against the heat of our summer, and as resting spot for tired mothers and their children, said park shall be known as the Burnett Memorial Park, not for my own vain glory, but to perpetuate the memory of my two children, ANN & BURK now long gone from me."
~ S.B. Burnett - 1919 ~

Location is at Cherry Ave and W. 7th St.

fired up the Edgley Optica for a birds eye view.

burnettman.jpg

Tag! The view is a little cluttered by some construction going on right now.
IMGP2750.jpg

New Tag:
IMGP2399.jpg

You could get here on your Harley (Ave.) by riding up Montgomery. It was once a gas station and most recently was a hair salon, but it's vacant right now.

wait a minute!!! it is not nice and sunny outside and the plane on a stick pic is clear and pretty early in the morning while grab pick from statue is wet and grey.

something fishy!!!!

I smell a file photo, I haven't seen the sky look that clear in weeks.and he lost his bags and windshield ,I guess he was so suprised that the clouds went away that he didn't even noticed they fell off .

He must of forgot to get the tarrant tag , too focused on the dfw tag.

Last edited:
I took the photo for another tag, but when I got home someone had already beaten me to the post by about 5 minutes. If it matters that much, I can go retake it tomorrow.

Funny thing is I actually rode out there today after taking the other picture to make sure that I had the right street names for the clues. I just didn't think I needed to stop and take a new picture. I could darken the pic in Photoshop to make it appear overcast...;-)

ok this one has sat long enough time to move it tomorrow.

old one
013-9.jpg

I would like to know the history behind that plane! looks to be made from assorted differant airplanes. no telling how long it has been up there.

it was a old Mini Mobil gas station once upon a time located at the intersection of Montgomery street and Harley ave, caty corner and behind the National cowgirl museum and hall of fame.

new one will require good timing to get complete but I am fine if you just get the structure as it is more important.

012-7.jpg

Old Tag .......................................................New Tag

Attachments

• tags 082.jpg
    tags 082.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 250
  • tags 080.jpg
    tags 080.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 231
Trying to revive this thread.....

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308492148.009412.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308492148.009412.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 264
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308492170.437723.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308492170.437723.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 273
Second clue.... Same place

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308929235.576958.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308929235.576958.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 236
aefd50bc-24e6-0d26.jpg

Tag is mine!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Stupid phone. Sideways pictures are sideways. Then it didn't take the picture of the new tag, so it'll be a day or two until I can get it relocated.

Sorry. My son got born and I lost focus. I'll post a pic as soon as I can. The original was at the corner of Hollywood and Vine ;)

In Euless, not LA...

So, my bike is gonna be out of commission for a bit, so the tag has to be forfeit...

Back