• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

New Meet Spot in Austin - Hot Rod Coffee Trailer

....three of us headed that way on this beautiful day!

Well from your visit you probably saw why I never saw this post. Was kind of busy. Just the way I like to be, just wishing it was more like that daily. Thus the reason for the move across the street. However, that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy seeing you, your better half and friend. I hope I didn't disappoint with my stuff. Sorry I was sold out of buns. Sold many more dogs than I could have expected. I ain't kidden when I say they are as special as a hot dog can be. I will be better equipped next Saturday. Both my drinks and dogs are steadily growing in spite of my hidden location.

There was another TWT member that came down earlier, CRS is keeping me from/ remembering his handle, I think his name is.......David or ahh Michael. Met a lot of new faces Saturday...that's it....that's my story.

Nevertheless, seeing familiar faces, and new faces from this board means more than any of you know to me. Thanks a million.

Btw, if anyone ever trys a drink, and for whatever reason it isn't working for you, whether or not made right, let me know and i'll either make another, or we'll figure out what you didn't like about it, and I'll fix something more to your pallet. For example if you like sweet or not can make a big difference. If you don't really like coffee I have fruit smoothies and premium brand teas with or without caffeine.

Thanks again for the support.
ken

Gonna have to try one of those hot dogs.
Are they like Chicago dogs?

No, more like Austin dogs. OK I am kidding. I guess I don't know what makes a Chicago dog that I don't have available to add to your dog, other than diced tomatoes and dill spears. Nathan's is an eastern dog. I grew up in Long Island. So wanted to go with something I was familiar with that was great and more unique to Austin. Chicago dogs are done every where around Austin already. Personally I wasn't impressed with most I visited in my research.

I liked the size of these 1/4 lb dogs, so one will more than likely fill you up. Make it a combo for only 99 cents more for both a soda or bottle of water AND a bag of chips. The buns are over sized to fit the dogs and have a sweet taste. I will check into dill spears this week.
Ken

Celery salt.
They're all sow bellies and cheek meat anyway.
I love 'em.
The more preservatives, the longer I'll live.
See ya soon.
John

Celery salt.
They're all sow bellies and cheek meat anyway.
I love 'em.
The more preservatives, the longer I'll live.
See ya soon.
John
I try to rub some cheek meat on my KLR often.......for good luck! :rofl:
You'se guys are making me hungry!
:rider: :eat:

Greetings! FYI, it is supposed to be a two wheeled kind of day today, and pretty much all my coffee and espresso drinks can be made cold as well as hot. So if you like for example, a white mocha I can make it over ice as well as hot, just tell me when ordering. It is supposed to to be mid 70's today, and 80 tomorrow. So try it over ice if you want.

If you just like coffee, I make cold brewed coffee also. That is not hot coffee poured over ice either. That would be watered down coffee. Cold brewed is just that without the aciditity or bitterness. Smooth and mellow while still strong.
Ken

Hey friends, thanks again for stopping by yesterday. You might not be use to hearing this, but it's always great seeing yous. Lol

Btw, I took pics of your 2 wheels and put on my facebook. You might want to say a few words about your rides, miles, year, model, whatever, or not.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/HOT-ROD-Coffee-Trailer/169348826493414
thanks again.
Ken

Not a problem at all, Ken. We enjoyed the trip up to your shop. I also commented on the pic of my bike and also liked your page. Thanks for the Dr. Pepper. Not a coffee drinker so iced hot chocolate didn't sound too good. I might have to try a dog next week.

Not a problem at all, Ken. We enjoyed the trip up to your shop. I also commented on the pic of my bike and also liked your page. Thanks for the Dr. Pepper. Not a coffee drinker so iced hot chocolate didn't sound too good. I might have to try a dog next week.

You might try one of my premium teas, standard iced tea, or try a chai tea latte. Whatever you might think about what it sounds like, trust me, they're delicious. Also have smoothies both fruit and blended frappes. Just suggestions. I am more than just coffee at HR.

Gonna have to learn to do this then Scott.

Attachments

• bilde.jpg
    bilde.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 368
OK boy and girls, I finally got around to updating my NEW location across the street at the top of this thread. Maybe now that I am in a NEW location I can see some NEW faces. Not that there is anything wrong with the usual suspects faces because none are as ugly as me. Thursday is supposed to be around 80 degrees, so if you're off, no excuses, come on down! Love yous!;-)
Ken

My recommendation is the Austin Hot Rod Dog (bun, 1/4lb Nathans hotdog, sweet relish and spicy chipotle bbq sauce) with either an iced or hot mocha depending on the ambient temperature that day. :eat:

If you're in the 'hood on Thursdays, we head over for java in the 12:30pm ballpark timeframe from Billys.

This is the place you're looking for when you visit:
i-tsxMfpN-L.jpg

And this is the guy you want to see. He goes by "Ken". Well, at least that's what he tells us his name is. :mrgreen:
i-WpXRkZN-L.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Silver Streak ,Maybe now I can find you the next time I'm in Austin. Just be sure to save the ugliest, wrinkeled, burned up Hot dog for me. with jalapenos ,please.

Hey Silver Streak ,Maybe now I can find you the next time I'm in Austin. Just be sure to save the ugliest, wrinkeled, burned up Hot dog for me. with jalapenos ,please.

You got it Gary! Missed seeing you lately. I'm riding Sunday and hopefully figure my bike problem at David's in Manor.
Ken

Supposed to be nice this Thursday, hoping to see more of your mugs come by for coffee or espresso.
Ken

Yesterday Dad said "that was a good dog and coffee". :clap:

So there 'ya go!

Had a nice visit at Ken's again today. I'm finding this to be just a fun place to hang out.....

Here's a shot or two of the work in progress. The new sidebar seating area which seems to be getting used a lot of late:
i-f3Bh8Gt-L.jpg

Ken, the owner (and rider himself) willing to make just about any kind of beverage you want or dress a dog anyway you can imagine:
i-4vW94Rg-L.jpg

And a shot of the ever growing seating area:
i-FqJTR7H-L.jpg

And what's that hiding behind the new oatmeal he's selling? Why it's support for Texas Adventure and Two Wheeled Texans! :clap:
i-BxnGSBc-L.jpg

A growing group of us with the Thursday Lunch Bunch meet at Billys Burgers on Burnet Rd. about 11am EVERY THURSDAY. We probably average 12-15 riders now where we eat, chat, then a good portion of us head over to Ken's for a coffee of some type. I'm partial to the iced mochas as they seem to hit the spot with the ever rising temperatures. (pssst - ask for the double-shot)

New hotdog signage today! (well, actually lateral support for the new bench)
i-wJMTgVJ-L.jpg

That blue-cheese slaw dawg. wow.

Hope you're reading this ken, 'cause that's a good one.

:eat:

Back