• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Share your Top 5 Places to go eat on a Bike in Texas.

I have tried to update the added suggestions.

If you suggest a chain, please give me your favorite location for your suggestion.

If I have missed your suggestion, please feel free to pm me and I'll try to get it on the map.

Some of the suggestions do not come up when I google them for location. Either we have a wrong name or other small error. Feel free to pm me the link of your suggestion as well. That would be a help as well.

The map is something I will do as I have time. Working some OT these days and my daily time to goof off on the net has been cut way back. ;-)

Original Johnny's Pizza in West Monroe

The original was actually in Monroe by NLU. The West Monroe location was the second location.

Posting with Tapatalk while riding my Tiger 955i at 15 over the speed limit.

News flash! The Burton CAFE has expanded into adjoining space and is now big enough for a pie run. They have 3 new rooms with 2 pool tables and a jail cell for certain members of our group! Not to mention that the food is still great.

Perini Ranch Steak House, Buffalo Gap
Mel's Country Cafe in Tomball -- lots of real home cooking
China House, Huntsville, TX
Stumpy's Lakeside Cafe, Granbury, TX
OSR, Bandera great breakfast or dinner and PIE
(Best coffee is at Dogleg's Coffee House and chocolataire next door to OSR)

The original was actually in Monroe by NLU. The West Monroe location was the second location.

Posting with Tapatalk while riding my Tiger 955i at 15 over the speed limit.

Guess I'm getting forgetful , Mom and Mrs Huntsman ,Johnny's Mom, were good friends....Johnny is a couple years older than me , sometimes ask me about Johnny's flying lessons........:doh:

Loco Coyote BBQ-outside Glen Rose,TX
Del Norte Tacos-Godley.TX
Bluebonnet Cafe Marble Falls,TX
Salt Lick BBQ Driftwood,TX
Linda's Southern Kitchen Granbury,TX

funky art cafe, brenham

mary's cafe, strawn (best fried shrimp ever)

chappel chill, chappel hill/washington

yankees, carlos

royer's, round top

pork chops, up near lake livingston....can't remember name of town.

and there's a new oyster bar/cajun outdoor place in buff dale. byob, but just head walk up to greenwood dancehall and saloon if you want to imbibe. that's a neat place, too.

oh, and the paradise cafe in granbury

5D Cattle company, Avinger, Tx
Neely's Brown Pig, Marshall, Tx
Fisherman's Market, Longview, Tx
Riverport BarBQ, Jefferson, Tx
Miguel's, Marshall, Tx.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Orsak's-Fayetteville

Yankee's Tavern-Anderson

The Spot-Galveston

OST-Bandera

Frio Canyon Motorcycle Stop-Leakey

Loco Coyote
Mary's
OST for breakfast
Alamo Springs.
I just have 4 left of my top 5.
Still miss Kathy's Kosmic. :(

Lots of real good places. But just can't bring myself to fill that slot. These 4 are just head and shoulders above and foto is right . The riding makes the food taste better.

Edit: If I had to pick a 5 I'd pick Castell General Store. Ambience and attitude makes up for a lot.

Remember the question. Best places to ride a bike to eat. Not just eat. I ain't riding a bike in Houston . ;)

Morelia Mexican Café, Elgin, great fajita chicken tostadas.

Cliff’s Old Fashion Hamburgers, Houston on Fountain View, for a great chicken fried steak.

Big Boy’s BBQ, Sweetwater, with the best sandwich bun I’ve ever had.

Lankford Market, Houston, for really big really juicy really good burgers. Really good. Did I mention really good?

And if you ever get to the southwest side of Louisville, KY. on 31W/Dixie Highway there's Mark's Feed Store BBQ with very good bbq chicken and GREAT buttermilk pie.

And 2 miles from there is Mike Linnig's Fish Place with amazingly good fish and onion rings.

Loco Coyote
Mary's
OST for breakfast
Alamo Springs.

Lots of real good places. But just can't bring myself to fill that slot. These 4 are just head and shoulders above and foto is right . The riding makes the food taste better.

Edit: If I had to pick a 5 I'd pick Castell General Store. Ambience and attitude makes up for a lot.

Remember the question. Best places to ride a bike to eat. Not just eat. I ain't riding a bike in Houston . ;)
I am kinda confused as to the location of a cpl of your pics. :giveup:

Loco Coyote
Mary's
OST for breakfast
Alamo Springs.

Thats why I like Rudys in Leon Springs. Decent food, great ambiance and on the way to great riding. I stopped by Loco one time and it was closed. Dang. I was by Kathys Cosmic just before it closed but didn't stop. Wasn't hungry at the time. Double Dang.

Sissy's Saddle Shop Cafe - Cameron

Pie Run Camping events - When BigDave brings along his campside cookwear.

The Dairy Queen in Karnes City - Back in the day, my parent's liked to take a drive and eat there. Good memories.

Friday's Fried Chicken - Shiner -When I eat there it's usually because I'm taking the Spoetzl Brewery tour.

Granny D's - Canyon Lake - Every time I eat there Beemer Bob and Thee Saint are there.

Irish Coffee. Loco is west of Glen Rose . Mary's is in Strawn. Castell is West of Llano in Castell. lol OST is in Bandera . Alamo Springs is closest to Fredericksburg.

Based on my experience this weekend I would add the following:
Lost Maples Cafe in Utopia, TX (pies are great)
County Line BBQ in San Antonio (off of 10)
Dodging Duck in Boerne on River Road

Living in FTW I’m going with North Central Tx area
1 Doc’s. Munster Tx.
2 Heard’s Burger. Jacksboro Tx.
3 Jaspers in Bluffdale Tx.
4 Tacos Del Norte. Godley Tx.
5 New York Hill. Thurber Tx.
Makes me hungry just writing the list!
Enjoy.

North East Texas area
1. The Shed, Edom
2. 7th Street Cafe, Cushing
3. East Texas Burger Company, Mineola
4. The Farmhouse, Van (great piece of road to getting there, FM 1805)
5. Street Taco Shack, Canton

1. Coopers BBQ - Llano
2. Truth’s BBQ - Brenham
3. Murphy’s - Winchester ( ok food, great vibe)
4. Leal’s - Muleshoe
5. Black’s BBQ - Lockhart
honorable mention:
Texas Traditions - Port Lavaca
Most overrated:
Yankees - terrible food. Soggy burgers

I love this list. I just want to add one place in Houston.
Stanton's City Bites
1420 Edwards St, Houston, TX 77007
As far as I am concerned it has the best hamburgers in Houston. They grind their own meat and hand form the burgers. It's definitely a good candidate for this list.
Randy

- Greenwood Country Store; Greenwood, TX
- Chicken Earl's; Leakey, TX
- Castell General Store; Castell, TX
- Loco Coyote; Glen Rose, TX
- Hill Top Cafe; Fredericksburg, TX

Recent visits, would definitely go back:
Paige Roadhouse, very good burger, fried green tomatoes and onion rings.
Your Mom's, Smithville, only been there once, normally have trouble finishing a meal-there was nothing left of pulled pork sandwich and fries.
London grocery and grill, London(TX), good burger, many dirt and gravel roads in area. Gas next door. Only options in area.

On my way out from Katy I like a breakfast taco at the Midway food market on old highway 90. For a regular lunch ( not a burger or BBQ) the Brookshire Brother grocery store near Legacy Stadium has a good lunch selection and a nice area to sit down and eat. Not exactly legendary stop overs but good cheap eats. ken in katy

Back