• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

**** the torpedos...full speed ahead with Hayabusa front end!

Really neat looking. Sucks about the spacer , but, oh well, it happens. LOL! Thanks for the heads up.

Indeed. The seller apologized and said they rarely have a mistake. He is shipping one out ASAP. Probably will not get here until Monday at the earliest I bet.

I got the headlight and turn signals mounted last night. Need to double check wiring and function........and see how close I can eyeball them to center. Today if I have time I am gonna go ahead and install the new brake lines and calipers and bleed them, reinstall the tank and seat, and wait on the axle spacer. I am gonna ziptie the calipers up so they are not dangling.....

Check the air pressure in the tires and clean the chain and I will be ready for a test ride when the spacer gets here!!!:rider:

Indeed. The seller apologized and said they rarely have a mistake. He is shipping one out ASAP. Probably will not get here until Monday at the earliest I bet.

I got the headlight and turn signals mounted last night. Need to double check wiring and function........and see how close I can eyeball them to center. Today if I have time I am gonna go ahead and install the new brake lines and calipers and bleed them, reinstall the tank and seat, and wait on the axle spacer. I am gonna ziptie the calipers up so they are not dangling.....

Check the air pressure in the tires and clean the chain and I will be ready for a test ride when the spacer gets here!!!:rider:

Well, you'll also be able to test out the shift lever in a week or so, after Ga-Bandit tests it out and ships it to you.

FINISHED!!! (Sort of). The front fender needs a repaint, and I need the correct spacer for the front axle instead of the slightly too big axle bearing race I had laying around from an axle swap and ground down, and the brass brake pad spring clips. But it puts around the neighborhood fine.

The forks are too stiff. But there are adjustments for that. Might need to take out some fork oil. But that can all be dealt with.

Now, PICS!

Attachments

• Finished(sort of) whole bike.jpg
    Finished(sort of) whole bike.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 214
  • Finished(sort of)34 front.jpg
    Finished(sort of)34 front.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 214
  • Finished(sort of) close.jpg
    Finished(sort of) close.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 197
  • Finished(sort of) front end.jpg
    Finished(sort of) front end.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 199
  • Finished(sort of) handle bar-top clamp.jpg
    Finished(sort of) handle bar-top clamp.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 202
FINISHED!!!

Got the correct axle spacer and brake pad spring clips installed. Also took out 20cc of fork oil from each fork. MUCH more compliant ride. And the compression adjusters are in the center of the range...so I can go softer or stiffer if I want to!

:rider: Happy Bandit owner :dude::chug:

FINISHED!!!

Got the correct axle spacer and brake pad spring clips installed. Also took out 20cc of fork oil from each fork. MUCH more compliant ride. And the compression adjusters are in the center of the range...so I can go softer or stiffer if I want to!

:rider: Happy Bandit owner :dude::chug:

:clap:

I bet your wife would prefer you going stiffer. :-P :lol2:

Do you guys have any tricks for taking out xx amount of ccs out of the forks accurately with everything mounted on the bike!? I still need to take some out but nothing that I can think of that will be 100%! And yes pills are always a plus or at least till you run out! :rofl:

Yes have one of those MM that's how I did the forks when they were off the bike. Now with everything screwed down, etc. whats the trick!? I know pop the top screw while its all held up but then what? Sure I can compress the forks but was never able to get that tool 100% in right on both sides to get a accurate amount out! ;)

Back