• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Fun run-Rusk to Beans & beyond?

I had a fantastic time. Great weather, great roads and a great ride leader.
Hit one rabbit, saw a road runner, a cotton mouth, and Badtex got a flat time in the middle of nowhere.
He rides prepared. Inner tube and tire irons, tools etc. His Green slime air compressor would only air it up to 2 psi. So after an hour of jacking with it we strapped his front tire and wheel to the back of my bike and he rode off to find an air compressor. What luck about a mile down the forest road he found a house with an air compressor.

Moral of the story. If you have one of those silver colored Green Slime air compressors you better check it out in your garage to see if it really will air up a tire.
I have some other brand that I did not take with me but I will check it out and start taking it with me. I had no idea how far out in the boon docks we were going to be. In about 2 hours on the side of the forest road we saw no vehicle traffic. If we both had broken down it would have been a long hike out of there. Plus Sasquatch could have gotten us. LOL

I had a fantastic time. Great weather, great roads and a great ride leader.
Hit one rabbit, saw a road runner, a cotton mouth, and Badtex got a flat time in the middle of nowhere.
He rides prepared. Inner tube and tire irons, tools etc. His Green slime air compressor would only air it up to 2 psi. So after an hour of jacking with it we strapped his front tire and wheel to the back of my bike and he rode off to find an air compressor. What luck about a mile down the forest road he found a house with an air compressor.

Moral of the story. If you have one of those silver colored Green Slime air compressors you better check it out in your garage to see if it really will air up a tire.
I have some other brand that I did not take with me but I will check it out and start taking it with me. I had no idea how far out in the boon docks we were going to be. In about 2 hours on the side of the forest road we saw no vehicle traffic. If we both had broken down it would have been a long hike out of there. Plus Sasquatch could have gotten us. LOL

I used to carry one of the mini bicycle pumps, but I found a compact foot pump that I think might work slightly better.
Those are backups for the CO2 cylinders I carry.

Back