• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Honda 919 owners close to San Antonio

JRW69

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My 919 did not come with the rear suspension spring spanner tool and the rear is set up for someone who was a lot heavier that I am. I need to try and soften it up a bit and was wondering if anyone had one I could ride over and use it.

Thanks.

I've been told it is specific to the 919, something about the teeth alignment. But that was just from another forum. So I thought I would ask here first, and if not take it to the 919 forum to at least see if its common or not. Worst case, I'll head over to Alamo Cycle, just need a couple of clicks down.

In the reviews one guy said he used this on his 919. Maybe could find it at cycle gear or a similar place.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Motion-Pro-08-0029-Spanner-Wrench/dp/B000GZP270/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: Motion Pro 08-0029 Shock Spanner Wrench: Automotive[/ame]

Damnit Cheez, stop throwing me under the bus! You know I am too narrow to get hit.

JRW you are more than welcome to borrow my adjuster. The Ohlins has remote preload adjustment (and is well worth the price IMHO)

JRW if your ever in the Brenham area stop by and i will ride my 919 with ya...i have the best color green 04 model

Cheez, thanks for throwing Beef! Beef, I appreciate the offer, should have remembered you from the other forum and just sent you a PM! It's my mom's bday weekend celebration but I will send a PM and see what your schedule is like for next week(end). Morg, if I am heading that way I will let you know. I almost pulled the trigger on a FZ just like yours but wanted to give the 919 a go instead. Thanks guys, this is exactly why I started here first!

Eh? I have no PMs on either forum, but that's okay. We will figure out a time to meet up. Next Sunday I will be at GSS, so Saturday morning/afternoon would be best if we do not meet up during the week.

Jay now that I think of it I never got a tool pouch from the stealership when I bought that bike. I guess I let you down on that one. Sorry sir. I think when I adjusted it I used the wrench off my Hawk (or maybe just a huge pair of channel locks) but my memory is faded, so there is a chance that any VFR/Hawk tool may work. If I had a spare I would gladly send it to you. Also, I still have all the spare parts sitting on the side of my garage, I have just had so little time to focus on packing them up. I'll try and find a box and get them sent to you here in the next week or so.

Back