• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

prayers please for FIL Larry with Alzheimer's

• Thread starter Deleted member 23845
  • Start date
All,

Thanks for prayers. Larry has now lost memory ability to recognize family, including my wife and her two brothers. His responsiveness is falling off. Wow Alzheimer's is an ugly disease.

We will keep Larry , you and the family in our prayers. Every Sunday at church we pray for those with health issues and that His hand be with the doctors and nurses that care for people. We ask Him to be with those individuals and comfort them. The decisions you make are hard. Just as Mitch said, it is difficult. Last week I had to put my dad in a home. It was hard. He has prostrate cancer that has spread to several areas of the bone. He has some of the issues as Larry does also. For me to tell him that I could not care for him in a way that is needed was very hard. In our talk, he told me to just do the best you can. Even though it is the best thing for him at this point, it was and is very hard. We will continue to keep you in our prayers. God bless....

Texasrider58,

My heart goes out to you. That decision for outsourced care is very difficult. We did it for Larry my FIL, and also for my 96 year old mother in Durango, CO. Care at a long distance is extremely difficult also...

Prayers for all, for peace, for guidance, for healing...

Update on Larry: we visited him four days ago while evacuated to San Antonio. He has lost all verbal ability, but he can still feed himself and walk slowly. Alzheimer's is relentless. He is safe and cared for. Prayers appreciated...very tough on family.

November, 2017 update on Larry: he is combative to the point in assisted memory care they now are putting him on full time medication. Sad time to be sure, and a difficult decision.

Sigh...I keep him in Healing Light, and to remember who he really is.

Prayers requested, we have reached a new stage.

All,

Larry fell a few days ago and was in the ER. Alzheimer's reduces balance and mobility. He is now mostly in a wheel chair, and also has mostly stopped eating. Prayers appreciated for the Divine Hand to deliver Larry to a peaceful end on this planet..

prayers for mercy, comfort and a peaceful end.

Larry is longing for that land where every mind is clear. In that place he will be sharp and awake as any other person. He comes for us and takes us to the land where his mind will work again.
Awakening: . This too is why Jesus came. You called me, I answered, I recued you. Quote from book ON My Worst Day by John Lynch
Alzheimer's is not hopeless for all us that have and will deal with it. It is just a season. Prayers for Larry.

Last edited:
Lucy's Dad, I'm sorry for everything that you have had to go through up to this point. One of my high school alums who is 3 years younger than me is in the same senior care facility as my mother and we always talk whenever I visit my mom. It is sad to see him go down that path.

For everyone else in this thread, please consider providing a DNA sample to:
https://www.endalznow.org/

This is part of the Banner network.

It is free and it will take about 15 minutes of your day at home. You do a quick cheek swab and then mail it back (prepaid) to them. They will review your results and send you information about clinical trials that you may be elegible to particpate in. This could really help to make a difference in someone's life in the future.

Going to see my uncle today in a care facility for Alzheimer's. They told me not to ask him too many questions. He is in mid eighties and was always very independent and a family rock. It is so sad how this disease creeps in like a thief in the night. Statistics say everyone is affected by it in one way or another. A family member or acquaintance.

Thank you all. I will check on the genetic tests. My wife's family has a lot of Alzheimer's: her grandfather, and uncle both died of the disease. My wife is visiting family in San Antonio now, including Larry. Blessings to all.

Just got back from visiting my uncle in Bastrop facility. He recognized us and kept telling me he was going home tomorrow. He has been there since Thanksgiving. He said he had been there five days. He weighs about 100 pounds and eats little. It broke my heart.
John 16:33 I have told you these things so that in me you will have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
Lucydad I can only imagine what Larry and your family have been through, I will continue to make mention of Larry in prayer.

Last edited:
:tab Unexpected and sudden deaths are hard to take at first, but when I see people I love wasting away from cancer, alzheimer's, and other debilitating issues, I cannot help but wish to go in a hurry when my time comes :zen:

:tab Unexpected and sudden deaths are hard to take at first, but when I see people I love wasting away from cancer, alzheimer's, and other debilitating issues, I cannot help but wish to go in a hurry when my time comes :zen:

I choose the same for myself, I would never want to make this division for another. I can't hardly watch the movie "Million Dollar Baby" she wanted to go.

Back