• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Howdy friends!

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’ve lurked in the forum for a while, but just purchased my first bike. She’s a beautiful 2013 Kawasaki KLR who I’ve named Roxanne, aka Rox the ox! I’m in northeast Texas in Tyler, TX.
155d92186d9fde8ceec853d3d285edd7.jpg
b6a9b38348474a700878745c1944cc19.jpg

Attachments

• 155d92186d9fde8ceec853d3d285edd7.jpg
    155d92186d9fde8ceec853d3d285edd7.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 142
  • b6a9b38348474a700878745c1944cc19.jpg
    b6a9b38348474a700878745c1944cc19.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
Welcome to the site! :wave:

The East Tx folks have fairly regular eat & greets. Be sure to check the Upcoming Rides/Trips/Events forum. They should have an ongoing thread or two.

Welcome. Nice looking ride. Which is a supreme compliment for a KLR. :-P

Welcome to the site. I had an ‘09 KLR that I really enjoyed riding. I like that red and black combo.

Welcome to the site.
Is Rox the Ox another cartoon?

Welcome to the site.

Haha, not that I’m aware of, but now I have an idea for one. I just kept coming across people calling their klrs pigs and mules and I wanted to be different. Plus oxen are more for larger loads, and well, I ain’t tiny!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site.

Reminds me of a children's book I read to my daughter when she was five. "There are rocks in my socks said the ox to the fox."

Welcome from Kilgore, flynguy.
The East Texas contingent meets for breakfast the first Satursday of the month, generally at Skyline cafe, Pounds Field -- watch the thread... occasionally we'll meet somewhere else.
We also semi-regularly sort-of sometimes meet for dinner on the third Thursday at an eatery generally selected by the first person to recommend a location.

We also semi-regularly sort-of sometimes meet for dinner on the third Thursday at an eatery generally selected by the first person to recommend a location.

That’s my kind of commitment level right there!

Count me in, pending nothing else comes up that I need to/ want to do...and I don’t forget about it.

Howdy welcome to the clan. You have one of the most popular rides here. The KLR is got a strong backing on TWT. Ride safe. KP

Welcome. Always good to see more dual sport riders in the area.

I wouldn’t say I’m a dual sport rider yet. Haven’t been off the slab yet on my klr. All my riding before this thanksgiving was over a decade ago and it was all roads, but am looking forward to finally getting off-road with it once I do a few upgrades to tires and suspension.

I wouldn’t say I’m a dual sport rider yet. Haven’t been off the slab yet on my klr. All my riding before this thanksgiving was over a decade ago and it was all roads, but am looking forward to finally getting off-road with it once I do a few upgrades to tires and suspension.

I have all the tools to do the doohickey if you ever need to use them. Actually I have a lot of left over KLR stuff around the shop.

I have all the tools to do the doohickey if you ever need to use them. Actually I have a lot of left over KLR stuff around the shop.

I certainly appreciate it. Just rolled over 1600 miles today and would like to get it done by the time I hit 3000, so I will probably take you up on it. Would appreciate some guidance as well as I have never done anything that involved with a motor before.

Just got home and my Christmas present to me was waiting at the door. New shock for rear suspension, Wattman thermobob, EM drill thru bolt kit, 16 tooth sprocket, and Tusk tire spoons! Ho ho ho!
c59c1ea2861aff4c313729ec0811163b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back