• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AR-OK---October DS

Reaction score
Several in AR in Oct and one at Talimena, OK the first or second weekend in Nov. Any TX guys going?

Will keep an eye on this thread. I am now residing on my ranch in NW Arkysaw (Newton County - Buffalo River headwaters region). Would love to meet up & ride with you guys if you do make it up this way.

There is a DS ride just north of Russellville this coming Thur-Sunday. It is a camping thing put on by a fella named O'Leary in the adv rider AR regional threads. I am going to be there for the Sat ride, staying in a motel in Russellville Fri/Sat night and returning home Sunday. He puts these rides on regularly and everything I here is great. Street riders occasionally make the rides also.

Hey thanks for the heads up on that! Bill OLeary, I think is his name. I rode with him a couple times on Scotty's AR 500, and Daves Hillbilly Dualsport rides. He is a good guy and a capable dirt bike rider. Should be big fun! The weather and the colors are really getting nicer every day up here. I will plan on heading over there. IrishCoffee look me up when you get in. I will be on a TX tagged WR 450 with 87 on the front number plate.

Will do. I will be in a pewter Tahoe with my XR4 on a hitch hauler. Hope to be there mid afternoon and dropping my bike off at the campground, don't trust motel pkng lots these days. Look forward to meeting you.

I rode the Talimena Parkway last weekend. Great ride. Does anyone have any off road routes for this area?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Hey IrishCoffee would you mind telling me where and what the campground name is. I just don't have enough continuous signal strength out here in the boonies. I can jump on TWT quickly by following the thread back. But before I get thru all the levels on ADVrider to OLeary camp post...I lose signal and have to start over. What time on Thursday is the rider meet-up, or are they camping there Wednesday night? Is this a plated dirt bike affair or an adventure bike type meetup?
Not totally sure KeithE, but I thought the Ktrail was somewhere around that same area?

Hey IrishCoffee would you mind telling me where and what the campground name is. I just don't have enough continuous signal strength out here in the boonies. I can jump on TWT quickly by following the thread back. But before I get thru all the levels on ADVrider to OLeary camp post...I lose signal and have to start over. What time on Thursday is the rider meet-up, or are they camping there Wednesday night? Is this a plated dirt bike affair or an adventure bike type meetup?
Not totally sure KeithE, but I thought the Ktrail was somewhere around that same area?

Long Pool SP just north of Dover, AR. I think most are arriving Thur, probably various times. Some like me will arrive Fri afternoon. Main rides are Fri/Sat. From what I read there will be an assortment of rider types. Street, adv and DS.

I rode the Talimena Parkway last weekend. Great ride. Does anyone have any off road routes for this area?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

What type of bike and what type of riding? There's single track to groomed forest roads and everything in between.

What type of bike and what type of riding? There's single track to groomed forest roads and everything in between.
I ride a Super Tenere so I will be looking for mostly light technical dirt roads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I ride a Super Tenere so I will be looking for mostly light technical dirt roads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

On the S10, you will likely just want to stick to forest roads. Parts of ktrail would be pretty difficult especially alone from Clayton to 3 sticks. I would just use your favorite map/gps software and route out a ride on as many forest roads as you would like and go try them. Maybe reference mvum as well.

http://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprd3800298.pdf

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/ar-adv-camping-thread.651353/page-159

They are posting tracks/routes if you have a gps for both big bike and small bike (small bike designed for 650 or smaller will probably have some single track)
:rider:

Last edited:
Back