• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Toll Road/ 969 (MLK) trails

Finally checked it out today. There is some very heavy brush out there but not so heavy that you can't ride thru it. There were a few parts of some very old dirt roads that were very much overgrown. Judging by the pull-tab beer cans and rusty shotgun shells, it looks like nobody has been there for quite a while. The area is vast, it's a lot of land but about 1/2 mile or so in, I ran into a mini Niagara falls/creek where water/mud was still flowing so I didn't cross. The prevented me from exploring deeper. I'd imagine that it would be no problem after a few months of no rain.

10891109203_b8f5c5430e_z.jpg

ALL property is owned by someone either a private party, a business or a government agency. That area is in my patrol district and I can not recall any calls for trespassing there though I don't start work until 3pm so don't know what goes on before then. I may have to check it out also. Whoever owns it doesn't seem to maintain it or care that folks are out there. Being on a property without prior approval can be messy if the owner shows up, 'specially if they brought firepower with them so be careful. Just because it may not be fenced off with no signage doesn't mean you are welcomed there. And by all means, places like this could easily have a dumped body so if you do run across one call 911.

Back