• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS Route from Leakey to Austin

Reaction score
Me and a buddy are riding to Leakey Friday night then nailing the 3 sisters Saturday morning before making our way to Austin to drink some beer, see some live music and anything else fun that we can find. After we ride the 3 sisters we'd like some dirt under the tires of our KLR's on the way to Austin.

Probably not looking for a total dirt route but can someone help us out with some back roads to hit along they way? I just got a zumo 550 I'd like to play with so .gpx files are welcome.

Thanks!

Where are you going to be in Austin. Bet I can come up with some dusty roads between there and the Heights.

Were staying somewhere close to downtown and planning on seeing a band at Stubb's. Shoot me some recommended routes for the ride back to Houston but I have a couple honey-dos so not sure how much time I'll have.

This is a mixed Austin to Houston route. This avoids major slab until you reach Houston proper. Easily the first part of the route, from Manor to Frelsburg is the nicest and includes Old 20, Old Sayers Road, The Park Road, Gotier Trace and the Frelsburg twisties. After that the roads can be rocky and/or boring. Another option would be to follow Old 20 all the way to Giddings and then slab it from there. Enjoy your trip.

Attachments

• Austin2Houston.gpx
    155.6 KB · Views: 308
Back