• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Lone Star BMW/Triumph Thanks for everything BBQ 11/1/2014 6pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this open to everyone? My wife and I would love to attend. We could definitely come up for the day from San Antonio.

We are in, camping is a maybe, coffee, dessert! :sun:
And maybe some fancy IPA beer?

I'm almost certainly in. I have a small pit trailer that a prior owner managed to win some competitions with (36" long by 24" diameter with a offset box) but it sounds like you've got the smoker thing handled. So I'll ride there and bring my wallet. Maybe camping, maybe not. I need to check my schedule better to see when I'm available that weekend.

I will really try to make this. Would be camping if the weather allows. Will either bring a big bowl of Guacamole...or put some money in the donation bowl. :rider:

Thanks for the response, I'll get people added to the first post soon. We are going to tweak the serving target time slightly to 5pm.

We had a planning meeting yesterday and I got to see Robert and Carla Cay's home for the first time. He has some really nice camping spots down the hill by a creek. Robert's trailer is going to be reserved for the cooks that will have to get up in the wee hours to get the fires going and the meat on. There is place for 4 more trailer/RVs. We need to leave room for car and bike parking. So if you were thinking of a bring a trailer or RV, reserve early and keep us up to date if you decide not to bring it.

Dang. I had already committed to a trip to NOLA that weekend so I'm a no for now.
If anything changes I'll be there.

I'll be there. I'll be on my bike so I guess I'll just bring money. Will camp if weather permits.

Dang! That is the weekend after I take the PE Exam and I will be on call for work. I may have to see if I can convince my Dad to pull two weekends in a row if I do it as well. After the exam I could use a good party...

Working 11/01/14 but off 11/02/14. Will there be any leftovers? Sure wish I could go. Oh well. :-(

I'm in. Been doing business with Robert and Peter for years. They always made buying a bike fun and their follow up service has been outstanding. The motorcycle community will miss them. They set the standard. Show me the donation bucket and I'll do more than a fair share. Appreciate you guys putting this together.

Rusty,

I don't know, Leander is so far from me in Round Rock! :rofl:

Joyce and I will be there. Won't be camping, though. Can bring some sides and some chairs and a small table.

I'm shocked I haven't replied yet. I'm in, and with trailer pit if needed. I have 9' of 24" pipe with double shelves (part gasser, part charcoal, and part offset stickburner). Also dual 160,000 btu Cajun fryers.

PS: even more shocked I missed my previous post!

Last edited:
Andrew, would you have any interest in cooking a whole hog?

And Dody, would you have any interest in providing one of your trapped/dressed hogs?

I'll be working this weekend or first part of next week on the details, what we think we need and posting up in the first post where folks can 'sign-up' to be part of this epic event.

Please stay tuned.....

Yes, Scott. The offset is 24" x 48" but has tuning plates and a single door, and the top rack is removable. So should fit a 50-60 lber.

Yes, Scott. The offset is 24" x 48" but has tuning plates and a single door, and the top rack is removable. So should fit a 50-60 lber.

And I will kill a hog:trust: just noticed last weekend that they were back:chug:Andrew got a sounder with about 15 35-45lb pigs. Wanna do 2?

Last edited:
Guyz, we have to set the mood for this event in November. Since this BBQ is partially about a "Bavarian" company, why not have Ghost and Rusty wear matching lederhosen outfits?

Munich-Lederhosen.jpg

I have enough seasoned OAK for ten pits. Scott- HOW MUCH?
Not camping, not sleeping- tend a fire with Scott.

Guyz, we have to set the mood for this event in November. Since this BBQ is partially about a "Bavarian" company, why not have Ghost and Rusty wear matching lederhosen outfits?

Munich-Lederhosen.jpg

Well, November 1 is the day of the dead in Mexico, so this costume might be more appropriate for an attractive woman to wear to the event (NOT Dody or Rusty).

(mod edit: link below is a HUGE image dimensionally)
http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net/43000051/images/pk120028.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back