• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Restaurant in Mena AR

Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Shelfer
Looking for a place to have dinner in Mena. Wholesome, inexpensive, plain food - i.e. chicken fried steak. No foreign foods or fast food, please. Ready, set, GO.....

Although not open for dinner(breakfast and lunch only), Skyline Cafe is the best in town. Have not found anything I would consider **** good food...for dinner... in Mena. For CFS, your best bet is the Chopping Block. Just down the road is Papa's Mexican Cafe...it was pretty good. Everything else seems to be mediocre at best. I hear the catfish joint up on the hill in Cove is good but have no first hand experience. There was a BBQ joint north of town, almost to Acorn, that was decent but that was 10 years ago...no telling if it is still there.

If Skyline ever opens for dinner, I'd never have to look anywhere else. Best cheeseburger in town and the pancakes are killer for breakfast.

Lime Tree Inn has a real good dinner buffet. Haven't ever ordered because the buffet always wins out.

The Branding Iron is good, with that we should have covered every restaurant in Mena.

I thought Staches was really good food, although a bit pricey.

Part of my entourage explained it used to be an Italian place.

Staches cookery is a great place for dinner, it's at 1411 US-71, great food great service and MC friendly!:eat:

Sounds good. Out of curiosity, how is it MC friendly?
Right off the hiway, tons of parking although it's tightly packed gravel/shale.
Dress code is casual to biker sloppy.
Service is good and there is something on the menu for almost any taste.

A very favorite stop, when we stay in Talahina we ride to Mena to eat there.

Right off the hiway, tons of parking although it's tightly packed gravel/shale.
Dress code is casual to biker sloppy.
Service is good and there is something on the menu for almost any taste.

A very favorite stop, when we stay in Talahina we ride to Mena to eat there.

Good to know. I can do Biker Sloppy.

They did a beer and wine tasting event for us during "Rich mountain rendezvous" in Sept. we also did our pre-event dinner there so they "I would say" are "biker" friendly!

Lime Tree not bad, a decent but thin rib eye. Staches east end of town is also OK. Not a real foodie town. Always wanted to try the Rock House in Talihina. I'm told the restaurant at Rich Mountain is great.

Lime Tree not bad, a decent but thin rib eye. Staches east end of town is also OK. Not a real foodie town. Always wanted to try the Rock House in Talihina. I'm told the restaurant at Rich Mountain is great.

From the owners of Hootie Creek House when we were there last week, the Rock House comes highly recommended.

They did a beer and wine tasting event for us during "Rich mountain rendezvous" in Sept. we also did our pre-event dinner there so they "I would say" are "biker" friendly!

Also vote for Staches. Good food, friendly owners and they serve Shiner Beer.

Well, I've been there and back. Ended up at a decidedly local place - a gas station that serves barbecue and catfish. Thanks for your suggestions, folks.

Glad to see a recommendation for the Branding Iron. I'm planning a 500 mile day trip from Sanger across the Talimena Parkway next week and that looked like an easy stop for lunch.

Back