• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My "new" ride!!

txox4

Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Ledwell
On Friday I met a gentleman who had a 2012 Kawasaki KLR 650 with only 178 miles on the odometer. Apparently he only rode it once a week the past four years to/from his post office located about .25 miles from his home. He recently retired from the HPD and is moving to Greece in two weeks and after having it completely serviced last weekend, the bike is literally brand-new.

I purchased the bike from him yesterday morning and the fun is about to begin as it's my first bike. Stay tuned and if you have suggestions for mods etc, please post up!

Attachments

• 2012 KLR 650.jpg
    2012 KLR 650.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Congrats on the score.:clap: I lived in Spring for a long time and there are lots of places to get it dirty.:rider:

I keep hearing about the Doohickey on Kawasakis KLR's, it's a counter balance chain tensioner that goes wrong. Search for Doohickey on this site and check if your bike is one of the troubled models. It's easy to change and cheap, but if it fails it can cause a lot of damage.
You sound to have found a great ride, I hope you enjoy it.

Gary

Congrats! Sounds like a great deal. A KLR was in the running for my purchase as well. Happened that I found the right deal on a DR.

You lucky dog! What a great find, congratulations.
Hope you enjoy the bike, ride safe

hmmm he rode it to the post office once a week a quarter mile at a time. :ponder:

interesting twist on the old muscle car saying of "it was owned by a little old lady who only drove it to church a quarter mile at a time".:rofl::lol2:

all KLR's can suffer the doohicky failure,Kawasaki changed the design for 2008 but Failures still occur. several other Kawasaki models also suffer from a similar failure.

Last edited:
You need to add some dirt. It is entirely to clean ;-)

Do the doo my friend. Eagle Mike's the way to go. Not sure where you are but I have the tools at least for my 87 klr. Not sure if they use the same but your welcome to borrow them.

Back