• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Emma Long ride....

I was out there early Saturday morning and I think I saw a few of you on the trail attending to a KTM with carb issues, low battery and no kick start.

I was on my CRF250X and had finished my second lap by 8:30 AM. Love that City Park is so close to my house so I can ride early and get home at about the same time as the family starts getting up.

Weather was perfect and it was great riding. :thumb:

I was out there early Saturday morning and I think I saw a few of you on the trail attending to a KTM with carb issues, low battery and no kick start.

I was on my CRF250X and had finished my second lap by 8:30 AM. Love that City Park is so close to my house so I can ride early and get home at about the same time as the family starts getting up.

Weather was perfect and it was great riding. :thumb:

That wasn't our group. We did see a couple of other groups there. I saw you riding back on 2222 when I was headed in.
It's nice to live so close to the trail:rider:

Some of Saturday's ride at Emma Long featuring the NADS + Freeriders98 and 2WheelFury... and Gary P Nunn

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkeDAMsprTc"]Emma Long Lap[/ame]

Emma Long presentation to City Council

I thought you guys would be interested in this in case you haven't seen it. Representatives of The Friends of Emma Long Motorcycle Park recently spoke at the Austin City Council about the BCP shutting down parts of the park.

Here's the ~10 minute presentation, which starts around the 9:30 mark.
http://austintx.swagit.com/play/10132016-644

While Councilman Don Zimmerman has his detractors, he's a strong supporter of the riders at the park. Please keep this in mind as you vote in the coming weeks.

Regards,
David

Planning on doing 2 loops Saturday morning starting at 7:00 am if anyone is interested in joining me. :thumb:

Last edited:
Looks like a few riders will be there starting at 8 am (12/17/16)
Some will arrive later. Come on up and join. 74F ... Too cold Sunday.

FYI:

There's an upcoming TRIALS COMPETITION in FEB at CITY PARK.

In preparation for this big competition, AUSTIN TRIALS CLUB started putting up ribbons this weekend around some key sections off to the side of the Main loop. This work will be in progress all the way up to the competition weekend.

Like in the past, these ribboned off sections do NOT obstruct, nor interfere, nor close off the main loop, so everyone can still ride out there like before.

Going in am for a bit. Then going to watch some football. Should be perfect condition.

You guys enjoying these record breaking 85 deg F sunny days in early Feb??

I rode out there yesterday and ... SHAZAM!.....look at this new
rock garden that's now laid down near the end of the main loop.
20170206_162917.jpg

I don't know about you....but this looks like a killer spot to dial in your suspension for riding rocks.:rider::rider::rider:

I'll be out there around noon..riding my funny lookin' bike..

I was out there the day they did that work. That's a whole lot of rocks to lay. I'm not sure if that was done to prevent erosion in one of the few spots with soil or what the deal was.

If you want to be shaken not stirred I guess it might be fun to ride on.

A few of us helped put that down last weekend. Weather was great and it was done fairly fast (3-4 hrs) Around 15 guys helped; Kevin Schwantz was one of them.

Its rough to ride over for sure.

I'm going to try to ride there Thu. Mind hit it on Saturday.

Hey Vinny, et al...
thanks a bunch for putting down the sweat and volunteer work to do this.
It looks amazing, pro-level quality. Pojects like this is going to keep the trail accessible for everyone to enjoy.
Such a treasure to have this riding place right in the city. :sun:

Planning on riding Saturday morning. Probably starting between 7:00 and 7:30 am so I can head out by 10:00 if there are any early birds who want to join me.

Planning on riding Saturday morning. Probably starting between 7:00 and 7:30 am so I can head out by 10:00 if there are any early birds who want to join me.

Area is closed starting Friday afternoon for a trials bike competition.
You should still go and watch . Would that be able to ride though . Expect lots of cars and limited parking .

Area is closed starting Friday afternoon for a trials bike competition.
You should still go and watch . Would that be able to ride though . Expect lots of cars and limited parking .

:doh: First opportunity to ride since my wife's surgery...

Guess I'll be staying home. Thanks for the heads up. I would have been really bummed if I got up early only to ride over there and get denied!! :lol2:

Working on a kitchen pass but currently planning on riding Saturday morning. Probably starting between 7:00 and 7:30 am so I can head out by 10:00 if there are any early birds who want to join me.

Will confirm later tonight if I can go. :thumb:

Back