• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Biker's Bay - Bedford

Reaction score
First Name
JR
Hey now...I'm new here, but frequent other bike forums on the net.
I live in Arlington and love to just ride around the Metroplex and explore the area.
One day on my way to the eye doctor, I spotted a little place called Biker's Bay in Bedford (off 183). I decided to stop in and ended up spending some cash. Good prices on accessories. Great!

Now, last week I called about having my rear tire replaced. They said sure, and the price they quoted me was about $35 cheaper than the dealership if I brought my own tire in. $65 to install it. Super!
I dropped the tire off, and waited for my wife to come home from work (normally around 4:00). She was late and arrived at 5. That meant with a little luck I'd get back there on my bike at 5:30, and that's exactly when I arrived.

I asked if they could still do the tire, or if it was too late. The mechanic had already packed up for the day, but they said no problem, and he got started right away. He finished about an hour later. Now, they close at 6. I really started to feel terrible. But no problem. They had 3 guys who all stayed late. One worked on getting the tire mounted and balanced. The other two cleaned and polished my bike, down to the mirrors.

They were all done at 6:30, 30 minutes past closing time.

I appreciate good prices, good business practices, and good service. Biker's Bay in Bedford really came through on all 3.
Oh, and if you buy your tire from them, the install is $40! I'll be doing that with my front.

Really good guys over there. I highly recommend them. If you're in the DFW area, stop by some time and you'll see!

BIKER'S BAY

There is a Biker's Bay here in Lake Jackson with very competitive prices if not better on tires and accessories. I called Goe's HD/Kawasaki in Angleton, Freedom Motorsports in Richwood and Sportriders in Angleton and they were higher priced.

Biker's Bay has been busy since opening up last year (or so). I've gotten two sets of tires from them so far.

There is a Biker's Bay here in Lake Jackson with very competitive prices if not better on tires and accessories. I called Goe's HD/Kawasaki in Angleton, Freedom Motorsports in Richwood and Sportriders in Angleton and they were higher priced.

Biker's Bay has been busy since opening up last year (or so). I've gotten two sets of tires from them so far.
I noticed that too, about their tires. It was less for the front tire to buy from them than to purchase it online. I was shocked!

I went by there today with a tire and the front wheel off my Shadow. They mounted it in about 30 minutes. Their website said $20 mount and balance for carry-in tires, and when I came to pick up, it was $45. I told them the website said $20, and they honored that. Then, when I got home I checked it out, and I was right . . . except . . . further down the page it says there is an additional charge for tires bought elsewhere. Ooops! Suffice it to say that they will continue to get my business. Nice folks.

I bought a Cobra backrest for my Shadow from them and my dad has had them replace the tires on his Strom. Good guys and good service. I forgot about them until this thread, I think I will be calling them for my next set of tires!

I stopped by there a week ago, its a good shop, smart staff, good gear. by far superior to that Outlaw Accessories place in Keller. i cant comprehend how that place stays in business

Biker's Bay is my closest shop, and they are always friendly and helpful. I buy there when I can- they tend to be cruiser-centric, so that's not always feasible...

I used the Bikers Bay that was off 183, they moved to Harwood a while back, for tires, valves and exhaust on my C50. Nice shop. They worked with me on getting the exhaust replaced for what an insurance claim (bike hit by truck) paid.

I went to Bikers Bay in Bedford today. New family owners. Kilpatrick Motorsports.

What's out. Less clothes, helmets, other PPE, luggage and accessories on the shelf. They'll still order to their shop and have catalogs on the counter. I ordered a Nolan N91 for MSRP plus tax. A little more pricey than Revzilla. They said that's one reason they're scaling back on that kind of stuff. Can't compete with the internet.

What's in. Still doing tires and routine maintenance. Still doing accessory installation. Ramping up heavier mechanical work. They said if it needs fixing or hopping up, they can do it. Mainly US and Japanese street bikes. Some Euro. They also said they do dirt bikes, ATVs and even jet skis.

I don't know how tight they are with the Bikers Bay model of being a ride in, ride out service shop now. They're still going to be my first choice if I need hired wrench work. The repair bay was open to the store front. Looks like they have business.

Back