• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2015 Suzuki GSX-S1000

hmmm interesting, I wonder how much they neutered that engine?

I bet they are fun to ride, but I'm just not a fan of the transformer look.

And why do they even bother to put passenger pegs on them?

Doubt this one will make it here either.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Even if they bring it here it will be a flop. The European competition is too thick. I'd stick with a V4 Tuono, S1000R, or 1290 any day of the week. The only foreseeable advantage this bike might have is better reliability. It's like a CB1000R, who buys that bike?

I like the naked bikes myself. I am a big fan of the B-King that didn't make it here either

The B-King was sold in the states for a few years at least. I remember sitting on a few of them in showrooms.

Ya they were here just didn't sell very well. There was one at the dealership in Paris Tx. It sat there for 2 years I know. Last time I saw it , it was marked down to $8,000 from $13,000. I just couldn't buy it at the time but I sure wanted to

None of the naked bikes sell very well here. It's pretty much race replicas and cruisers on the highway except for the handful of dual sports and big adventure bikes that show up on TWT.

I still ride my '83 Honda occasionally, but its more for nostalgia than anything else.

The B-King was sold in the states for a few years at least. I remember sitting on a few of them in showrooms.

2008 only in the US. Sold for several years overseas. I like mine.

057.jpg

I had a B-King as well. A bit heavy but fun. Hoping the new Suzook will be light and not break the bank.

Never understood why they called it the B-King. That had to have been part of the problem. Next up the Yamaha T Bell ?

Never understood why they called it the B-King. That had to have been part of the problem.....
I think your right. The original prototype shown in Japan was a 240-250hp supercharged version sporting wide tires a 150 series front and 240 series rear. The "B" in the original version stood for "boost", it was after all supercharged, left side unlike the after market right side drive chargers. The bike had a lot other cool features such as starting by finger print recognition etc.

If you had walked into a Suzuki dealership in 2008 to see a Supercharged B-King chances are you would know what the B stood for and if you didn't I'm sure a salesmen would have been only too happy to tell you. However when the powers that be squashed all the cool stuff and instead went to market with just a really wierd looking bike many were put off by it. Suzuki just left the name with no explanation to people who were unaware of the concept bike. Consequently even a lot of B-King owners don't know why their GSX1340BK bears the name that it does. The ones that did know back in 2008 probably did not want to own a boost king with no boost.:mrgreen: I think had they went to market as a GSX1340 with different mufflers they would have sold a few more, they really are fun to ride.

original prototype http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/suzu/suzuki_boost_king.htm

Too sharp and edgy for my tastes. When I decide to upgrade the 919, I think I will stick with the CB1000R. Still sharp and edgy but it's growing on me.

Nice to see that Suzuki is putting in a model to catch up with Honda, Kawasaki, and Yamaha's offerings. I considered a Z1000, but got my Aprilia 750 instead and recently picked up a new/leftover '12 Ninja 1000 at a great price. My son (24) really liked the '14 Z we saw at the local Kawi shop. Me? I'm done with naked bikes, will probably be putting the Aprilia on the market place pretty soon.

I'm in love with the new Ducati Monster after seeing one in the flesh yesterday. The ONLY things preventing me from adding one to the garage are space, money and the hips and knees of my youth. But what a gorgeous bike!.

I'm in love with the new Ducati Monster after seeing one in the flesh yesterday. The ONLY things preventing me from adding one to the garage are space, money and the hips and knees of my youth. But what a gorgeous bike!.

I hope they keep the 1200 around. Some of their other lines are going to 800cc only.

Back