• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Albert "HouFJR" Nurick, Houston, Texas (Meyerland)

HouFJR

Reaction score
I'm a Houstonian who loves to ride; currently on a 2004 Yamaha FJR1300/A. Previous bikes were a 1997 Honda Pacific Coast, and a 1994 Honda Helix.

My wife Steph and I love to ride two-up across Texas, typically on a short jaunt out of Houston for dinner, or perhaps a longer ride for a weekend into the Hill Country.

I'm born and raised in Houston, although I spent 20 years in Austin doing the high-tech thing. Now I'm settled down and have a web design business here in Houston.

Just ran across the photo taken when I bought the FJR; at the time I didn't realize how much fun was on the way...

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Albert "HouFJR" Nurick, Houston, Texas (Meyerl

HouFJR said:
typically on a short jaunt out of Houston for dinner, or perhaps a longer ride for a weekend into the Hill Country.

Wouldn't the FJR make a HOU to hill country ride a short jaunt? 8-)

That is a really sweet bike, it's really grown on me over the years, in terms of desirability... :chug:

Re: Albert "HouFJR" Nurick, Houston, Texas (Meyerl

buck000 said:
Wouldn't the FJR make a HOU to hill country ride a short jaunt? 8-)

Good point. Surprisingly, when I rode the Pacific Coast, I'd cruise on the highways at around the same speed as is comfortable on the FJR... although reaching that speed on the FJR is a wee bit quicker.

buck000 said:
That is a really sweet bike, it's really grown on me over the years, in terms of desirability... :chug:

I did a bunch of research, and finally picked the FJR. I've not regretted the decision.

Back