• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Thank you all you veterans

mitchntx

Follower of Rev. Doug
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Warren
I very much appreciate the sacrifice you and your families have made so that I can sit here in my shop, feet up, fire lit and post on the intetweb.

Such a huge sacrifice for such a trivial pursuit.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I second that, thank you to all who have served.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Never forget!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My grandchildrens' private school in Denver makes a big deal of Veterans Day, and holds an event honoring all vets who are family of students there. This year, I was able to drive up and participate. It's pretty overwhelming to have a hundred or so kids file by & thank you for your service. There were four men who spoke to the students and answered questions. One of them was an AF Colonel, a former F-4 pilot who had been shot down in Vietnam and was fortunate enough to be plucked out of the jungle and brought home safely.

In the pictures, my grandson, Witten, is the handsome 8 y/o (closeup) singing in the choir. My granddaughter, Reese, is the adorable 6 y/o in the cast.

People make a much bigger deal out of Veterans Day than they used to. It's a bit embarrassing sometimes. But it is nice to feel appreciated, even if I rode a desk in a hospital during my hitch.

Attachments

• Arma Dei 1.jpg
    Arma Dei 1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_3090.jpg
    IMG_3090.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_3088.jpg
    IMG_3088.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3084 (2).jpg
    IMG_3084 (2).jpg