• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Custom Suzuki M109R... Opinions/Suggestions?

Reaction score
Here's a pic of my 2011 LE the day I brought her home from the stealership...
173ff719.jpg

And here is a video taken a couple of days ago, about 14 months later. I'm still waiting on a set of axle covers to come in from RIS Industries and considering an Arnott Air Ride system, but other than that I think I'm just about done! There are some insane rides on this forum though and I'd love any input and/or suggestions on anything I've missed or should consider..... Let's hear it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NuKFTCSZ3M&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sent from my piece of crap Droid

Howdy and welcome from the north side of the lake.

The M109 is a b-e-a-s-t! Beautiful bike.
What's extra with the LE model?

As for adding farkles, it all depends on your primary purpose of the bike. Long distance touring would need different add-ons than blasting around the area on a weekend.

Merry Christmas!

If ya want bling, get some nice chrome wheels. It will really make the bike POP! Bike already looks great though.

Last edited:
Not that I dislike M109s, but it's not Classic or Vintage...

Not that I dislike M109s, but it's not Classic or Vintage...

I think it would fall under the purview of "Project Bike."

Nice bike by the way. I love everything about those bikes except for the headlight cowl. I think a nice 9" Chrome Headlight would really look nice.

Hmmmmmm.... I assumed "project bikes" referred to basket case oldies.

Ah, So.

Red pinstripes on the black wheels would enhance the muscle, other than that, it's perfect and I would consider this a project bike, you started with a cookie cutter 109 and made it your own. :clap:

Not for me but it is nicely done. I love your rear turn signals!

Yeah, I was always a crotch rocket guy myself, but the wife loves to ride with me so went to the M109 and love it. It's a nice happy medium!

I would recommend debadging the tank . My best bud has a M in the Burgundy color and looks awesome with out the badge on the tank also has a custom windscreen thats a huge help from wind blast. He has the Lic plate lowered n moved to the side of the bike improves the look tremendously .
Here are some pics of when I stole it for a week from him and didnt wanna give it back :lol2: and other one was on our trip to Turner falls where he took the C90 and I rode the M :flip:

Added :

He also has the Rpm cluster lowered into the lower fairing but yours is a 2011 I believe Suzuki already did that stock on the 2010 and on bikes !

Beautiful bike enjoy it !!!

Attachments

• 378135_2770044563078_263290219_n.jpg
    378135_2770044563078_263290219_n.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 458
  • 418305_3103054848127_1339028729_n.jpg
    418305_3103054848127_1339028729_n.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 346
Scratch last one i seen your pic it already has it done. That was the one most ugly feature on the bike the rpm cluster sticking up high on the handlebars TY Suzuki lol .

Red pinstripes on the black wheels would enhance the muscle, other than that, it's perfect and I would consider this a project bike, you started with a cookie cutter 109 and made it your own. :clap:

Thanks man, actually considering the rim tape!

anyone have some pros and cons they would like to share on the M109r's? Like: things to look out for, issues, useless mods, needed upgrades exc........ I have always loved the look and wanted one and now i think i am going to start my search.

Not my style of bike and most of the farkles are far from my style, but I do like those custom handlebars. Not chrome and not dainty either, those things are beefy, look good, and conceal the wiring. I'm liking that particular touch a lot.

FWIW ... I had a Honda VTX1800 and really liked it as a cruiser.

I didn't like the 100 mile fuel range.

Attachments

• VTX_01.jpg
    VTX_01.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:
Not your average cruiser. I enjoyed the time I had with mine. Torque monster of an engine. I never heard of any issues with the engine. There were some that that complained of 2nd gear going out, possible operator error. I had zero issues with mine for approx 20k miles as best I remember. For a fat tired cruiser it handled better than it should have. M109 forum used to be a wealth of information. I posted quite a bit over there when I had mine.

DSC05290.jpg

DSC05280.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Peel, I got on M109riders and browsed around for a while. Really making it hard to not redirect this years Christmas gift fund.

anyone have some pros and cons they would like to share on the M109r's? Like: things to look out for, issues, useless mods, needed upgrades exc........ I have always loved the look and wanted one and now i think i am going to start my search.
I agree with you on the looks of the M109. Not sure why but it stood out among the many V-Twin type types of cruisers to me. I probably have too many bikes but still wish I had one of these in the garage.
FWIW ... I had a Honda VTX1800 and really liked it as a cruiser.

I didn't like the 100 mile fuel range.
Before I bought my last bike I was looking at a VTX. I liked the bike but was turned off by the short fuel range of it. The torque would have to be great with that big engine but it wouldn't do for a long distance bike for me. I like at least 200ish miles before a gas stop when I am traveling.

Not your average cruiser. I enjoyed the time I had with mine. Torque monster of an engine. I never heard of any issues with the engine. There were some that that complained of 2nd gear going out, possible operator error. I had zero issues with mine for approx 20k miles as best I remember. For a fat tired cruiser it handled better than it should have. M109 forum used to be a wealth of information. I posted quite a bit over there when I had mine.
Now that is a nice looking bike..
Ya dun well with it. Everything as it should be. :thumb:

Back