• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

AUSTIN: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's on Burnet)

Re: Thursday Austin Lunch M&G - 11:00 (Billy's and/or Ken's)

I'll try not to excite your olfactory receptors too much, but no promises!

Did you finally get the Triumph you were talking about?

No. I decided to wait a year or two or three and am upgrading my home stereo first.

Looks like I'm headed to Ken's today for lunch. Should be there between 12:30 and 1:30pm. Will be caging it. I'll be there again Thursday as normal. Wait, I'm not normal. As usual.

I'll be there, but I'll be late...

So I goes to Billy's for lunch. Good time. Tom, Steve, Greg and JT are there. We're leaving and unbeknownst to me my MP3 player and earbuds fall out of my jacket onto the parking lot. I leave and head for Ken's. Get to Ken's and there's a good crowd there:

P4100001_zps817b8dab.jpg

P4100002_zps684eeebf.jpg

Michael and Ken hard at work:

P4100003_zps0953b9de.jpg

Greg and Mark not doin' much of anything:

P4100004_zps82db8e0b.jpg

So as I'm leaving Ken's I notice my MP3 player is not in my jacket. Look around, can't find it. Hmm. I head back to Billy's, only the mail man is there. I walk in, tell the barkeep I lost it, he says he hasn't seen it. Hmm. I walk out. The mail man is gone and under where he was parked is my MP3 player. As I walk toward it a car pulls in and drives over one of the ear buds. I pick the thing up and lo and behold it still works. So I start riding home.

Get on 290 heading east, past IH-35 and I hear a clunk, a loss of power and a whining noise. Oh snap. Engine is still running and if I give it some throttle it accelerates but is still whining. That ain't good. I pull over. I start to lookin'. I find my license plate mount has broken and the plate went up on the wheel and got pinched on the swingarm. I throw it in the back case and ride home. It kinda got rolled.

P4100005_zps32aee898.jpg

P4100006_zps6d344e0b.jpg

So spent some time this evening flattening everything back out, fixing the mount and sticking it back on the bike. All good now. A little funny lookin' but it's legal.

Last edited:

Plates, earbuds and mp3 players are easily replaced. You? Not so much. Glad you're safe.

Thanks Scott. We'll see ya tomorrow.

Good thing you were on the "adventure" bike. :rider:

New here and wondering if people were meeting at Billy's tomorrow? Is this an every Thursday thing? or a 1 Thursday a month thing?
Thanks,
Frank

Billy's at 11:00, Hot Rod Hot Dog Trailer about 12:30. Two places every week. Doin' our part to keep Austin weird. :-P

PT is over about 1130, so depending on how that goes I may try make it by with my Dad. If so, just keep the language clean, ok?

some of us don't make it and use lame excuses like "I have a meeting" or "my bike is down". Someone even used "it's to cold and rainy" once. But yea every Thursday.

For me it's generally a case of better late than never.

PT is over about 1130, so depending on how that goes I may try make it by with my Dad. If so, just keep the language clean, ok?

How did it go? PT already sounds crazy to me...

PT is at 10:30 this morning for an hour. As of now, I have zero pain as
If all they did was put me under then wrap me up. It's weird. Stomach is mostly ok. Only feel queasy standing.

I'll get to Billy's sometime between 11 & 11:30.

As of now, I have zero pain as If all they did was put me under then wrap me up.

Your Physical Terrorist will fix that for you tout suite. ;-)

I had every intention to get down there but after eating at the shop and stopping by the house to check on the wife. Well I sat on the couch and before I knew what happened I was waking up from an unintended nap. So add that to the excuse list, "I was taking a nap."

Has anyone heard from Dusty lately? Have not seen him in a while, want to make sure he is alive and safe and maybe just too busy to make it by Hot Rod Coffee Trailer.

Haven't heard much since he got that job at Woods Fun Center. Looks like he hasn't logged on in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:

Well Kurt, you were kimd of right. She "found" three spots I had missed at the incision sites. Yowzer. Sweaty palms for a few minutes. But all seems good now.

So far I do not have any impending disruptions to my social calendar, I certainly plan on being there tomorrow. Cleaned my bench, fixed the floor, buses are all washed. Yep think I can make it, ......

High probability Matt and I will be there tmr...

Back