• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

V-Strom owners thread

I'm still unable to find any off road style pegs for my 2012 glee. I'm in hopes of finding something alone this style.
me4u9y8a.jpg

But have been coming up empty handed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I have tried all the standard places and have searched endlessly. There must be at least one that will work.

These are what us First Gen guys use. Might want to check StromTroopers but I don't see why they wouldn't fit the send gen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-XR50-XR70-XR80-XR100-Kawasaki-KLR650-FOOT-PEGS-/331167984879?vxp=mtr

Thanks MacDaddy! The Wee pegs fit perfectly on my Vee. It looks like the difference is that they are made from a different alloy (but I wouldn't swear to that in a court of law).

Picture of the hole area
ra5uju4y.jpg

Contacted Suzuki today about a new replacement. $681.00 and there is only 1 available in the US through Suzuki dealers.
Bike Bandit for $551.00

New radiator installed
aqa2y4at.jpg

With the new radiator guard, like the one that should have been on before.
ynujynep.jpg

ATGATT.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought an AGM from O'Reilly

Sent from my handheld universal data mining enabler

I wondered why there wasn't a Strom thread on here. Mine is a 2012 650 Adventure that I bought in June last year. Almost 6000 miles so far and still loving this bike, averaging ~53 MPG, great on the pavement and it really shines on gravel.

First "test" camping trip to the LBJ Grasslands:

20120923_084511_zps40820136.jpg

Pic from the Hamilton trip last fall:

20121027_151631_zps80751ccb.jpg

Stripped down sitting in the driveway:

20121120_102248_zpsffd16021.jpg
I know that Im biased but it looks real good next t the Bmer!!

Made for the DL all $170 worth. Look sweet

44bc1c6d4f2507cdd1f30c3ae2dc0b8d_zps6d394a78.jpg

Wow DRD! While I can really throw money away on motorcycle parts with the best of them at times, I'd be afraid to buy that for a Wee, its like a work of art. Belongs on a Ducati maybe, but not a Wee. :lol2:

Buy a spare shifter lever and zip tie it to the frame somewhere haha.

Sent from my iPhone

Thanks MacDaddy! The Wee pegs fit perfectly on my Vee. It looks like the difference is that they are made from a different alloy (but I wouldn't swear to that in a court of law).

Glad to hear they slip right in Tim. Happy motoring and don't be afraid to lean hard to the right now that you have an extra footpeg. :lol2:

yep... we've got AGMs along with the sealed & standard lead acid bike/atv batteries. prices aren't bad either
O'Rodney

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I honestly only bought the AGM because the L-A had slightly different terminals.

Of course, in had to make a tool to hold the nut for the terminals up because the included bolts just... Weren't... Quite... Long enough to grab on. Bleh. Oh well. Needle nose pliers and wire does alot!

With the new radiator guard, like the one that should have been on before.
ynujynep.jpg

ATGATT.

I saw your thread on Stromtroopers in regards to the radiator guard. Hope its a good one because I have one on the way.

What oil can I use to refill the rear preload adjuster?

http://www.motorcycleonlinestore.com/foot_pegs
I'm still unable to find any off road style pegs for my 2012 glee. I'm in hopes of finding something alone this style.
me4u9y8a.jpg

But have been coming up empty handed. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
I have tried all the standard places and have searched endlessly. There must be at least one that will work.

What oil can I use to refill the rear preload adjuster?

I couldn't find the exact fluid, but you should be safe with DOT3 brake fluid since its not shared with the shock oil. Maybe someone else can confirm

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

I couldn't find the exact fluid, but you should be safe with DOT3 brake fluid since its not shared with the shock oil. Maybe someone else can confirm

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

OK. That sounds about right. Someone else had suggested ATF, but that... IDK.

I would use ATF over brake fluid. I would use suspension fluid over ATF, but that might be just me.

Suspension fluid? Like... Fork oil?

I saw your thread on Stromtroopers in regards to the radiator guard. Hope its a good one because I have one on the way.

I now understand the song lyric "what a fool I am" to ride off road without a radiator guard. Until I really got to inspecting one had no idea how fragile they are. Ohhhhh by the way, it can be a expensive mistake not having one on also.

ATGATT.

Wow DRD! While I can really throw money away on motorcycle parts with the best of them at times, I'd be afraid to buy that for a Wee, its like a work of art. Belongs on a Ducati maybe, but not a Wee. :lol2:

Buy a spare shifter lever and zip tie it to the frame somewhere haha.

But the stock shifter is pricey also with a Suzuki list price of $89. If you have to replace it twice the fancy folding lever has already paid for itself. I've been watching Ebay for a cheap used shifter without success. Mine broke off thanks to the front wheel kicking up a 2" branch and my later bending to make it usable again. I drilled it, cut a V around the shaft for grip adhesion, JB Weld inside and out and tightened it back on with a metal screw. Holding for now but on borrowed time I'm afraid.

2014-04-03%2012.03.52_zpstssri2yf.jpg

2014-04-03%2017.41.25_zpskavhmkgm.jpg

_

But the stock shifter is pricey also with a Suzuki list price of $89. If you have to replace it twice the fancy folding lever has already paid for itself. I've been watching Ebay for a cheap used shifter without success. Mine broke off thanks to the front wheel kicking up a 2" branch and my later bending to make it usable again. I drilled it, cut a V around the shaft for grip adhesion, JB Weld inside and out and tightened it back on with a metal screw. Holding for now but on borrowed time I'm afraid.

_

I find it amazing that with all the DL's there are in this country how few used parts appear on EBay or any of the threads. What a mystery this is!

ATGATT.

Suspension fluid? Like... Fork oil?

Yes or ATF as DFW_Warrior suggested or hydraulic oil will work just fine. Stay away from any brake fluid though. These reservoirs are known to leak over time and you dont want brake fluid dripping down and eating up paint and finish.

Here is an excellent how to. If yours has leaked out all the fluid probably needs a new o-ring and could stand a good cleaning out.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/mainten...-fill-up-your-rear-preload-adjuster-pics.html

_

Lee if you're interested to see what the $19 Ebay footpegs look like on a Wee here are a couple photos for you. The very first time I stood up on the stock rubber pegs I knew they had to go. These are very confidence inspiring. I had the exact same pegs on my DR650 and they held up to off road abuse just fine. Actually tens of thousands of these in use and I've never heard of a failure.

Also pictured is my AdventureTech footpeg/control lowering kit installed. Went on a short 50 mile ride after installing and my legs now feel much better. I still wish I could get another inch but this will have to do.

And for the observant among us, first to point out something unique comparing the two photos below gets a free gift at Strom-A-Thon.

2014-04-11%2012.41.41_zpsvsxerh17.jpg

2014-04-11%2012.41.53_zps4g56uamd.jpg

_

Back