• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Scorpion Kevlar Lined Jeans

Reaction score
I've been trying to find a comfortable, stylish, and protective pair of casual riding pants. I wear all kinds of different gear from a one piece suit for my commute to work to mesh over-pants to just plain jeans. I've struggled to find a pair of kevlar reinforced jeans I could wear for a local riding that didn't look overtly moto and these Scorpion jeans are it for me.

First, I ordered my normal jean size and they fit right. I think they may be a little longer than the same size Levis, but that's not a bad thing when sitting on the bike. Second they are a really good five pocket style, sitting at your natural waist and a close cut through the legs. They aren't relaxed fit or baggy. They also don't have seams where the kevlar is in the butt, hips and knees.

They are dark blue like un-prewashed jeans, but the denim is soft and comfortable. I like fit and feel, the only question I have about them is how they will wash and wear over the years. I don't know how kevlar stands up to washing--will it stay the same size as the denim shrinks over time? They have the same washing instructions as my Triumph Cargo pants, wash in cold water and line dry although these also say to dry in the shade. No dry cleaning or harsh detergents.

If you are looking for a pair of kevlar reinforced riding jeans that look normal sitting in the restaurant then these are the jeans for you.

I paid $119.95 with free shipping from motorcyclegear.com.

Good to hear. I have thought about tougher jeans but never knew anybody that tried them. I look forward to updates.

Your post reminded me of this article

http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/model_eval/2012SeptJnCmpro.pdf

Hope it helps

It's interesting that all the jeans in that comparison have seams above and below the knee where the Kevlar ends so they have a distinct motorcycle look to them when you are standing around. That's what I didn't want. The Scorpion jeans are fully lined instead of only having lining at the hips and knees so they don't need the seams.

FYI, the Kevlar is abrasive and the jeans needs a lining between it and your skin. The Scorpion jeans also have pockets for knee and hip pads if you are so inclined.

The biggest issue with finding Kevlar jeans is fit. A lot of them are cut funky or the number on the waistband has no basis in reality. Motorcyclegear.com does a pretty good job describing the fit and sizing. One of the Alpinestars Kevlar jeans they tried was actually four inches smaller than the stated waist size!

Finally washed them after wearing them a few times during hot weather. They didn't fade much, but they didn't shrink much either. Cold wash, line dry and they were good to go.

They aren't cool, but they actually keep some of the heat from the Triumph Tiger 800 off my legs. I wear dress pants to work and a mesh riding suit just lets the hot air blow right through and its hot. Real hot. With these jeans the heat just doesn't make it to your legs.

I'm liking them better all the time.

Okay, last update. They've been washed a few times and there is minimum shrinkage and still not much fading. They use some tough dye. I can't say enough about these jeans if you are looking for a normal looking pair of jeans that provide a modicum of protection. I didn't put pads in them, but they have pockets for the knees and hips if you are interested in going that route.

I've been trying to find a comfortable, stylish, and protective pair of casual riding pants. I wear all kinds of different gear from a one piece suit for my commute to work to mesh over-pants to just plain jeans. I've struggled to find a pair of kevlar reinforced jeans I could wear for a local riding that didn't look overtly moto and these Scorpion jeans are it for me.

First, I ordered my normal jean size and they fit right. I think they may be a little longer than the same size Levis, but that's not a bad thing when sitting on the bike. Second they are a really good five pocket style, sitting at your natural waist and a close cut through the legs. They aren't relaxed fit or baggy. They also don't have seams where the kevlar is in the butt, hips and knees.

They are dark blue like un-prewashed jeans, but the denim is soft and comfortable. I like fit and feel, the only question I have about them is how they will wash and wear over the years. I don't know how kevlar stands up to washing--will it stay the same size as the denim shrinks over time? They have the same washing instructions as my Triumph Cargo pants, wash in cold water and line dry although these also say to dry in the shade. No dry cleaning or harsh detergents.

If you are looking for a pair of kevlar reinforced riding jeans that look normal sitting in the restaurant then these are the jeans for you.

I paid $119.95 with free shipping from motorcyclegear.com.

I have worn the Draggin' jeans for a few years and throw them in the washing machine,dry them in the dryer or on the clothes line in full sun and the Kevlar has held up just fine so far to date.

Going on 18 months and plenty of washings and the jeans are holding up just fine. I'm plenty satisfied with these Kevlar jeans.

I might get a pair of the Scorpion jeans, thanks for the long-term review. Bought a pair of Draggin Jeans years ago and liked them. I wear Dainese Knee V guards. Since the Scorpions can be outfitted with knee pads there should be room for the Knee V's.

I might get a pair of the Scorpion jeans, thanks for the long-term review. Bought a pair of Draggin Jeans years ago and liked them. I wear Dainese Knee V guards. Since the Scorpions can be outfitted with knee pads there should be room for the Knee V's.

They have both hip and knee pockets, but they are pretty small, especially the hip pockets.

Back