• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Adams Ranch, May 5

RollingJ

You can be a 0 or a
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Sims
Come on out to Smithville on Sunday, May 5 and ride the Adams Ranch.

Take the tunnel under HWY 71 to ride the roughest loop east of Austin.

There are about 4.5 miles of trail marked out now, and it's guaranteed to kick your (give you a serious workout). The foliage is growing and we need to give the place a serious burning in!

No plates or stickers required.

This is all off-road, so feel free to trailer your two-stroke. These trails are not suitable for bigger DS bikes like KLRs, unless you are a real glutton for punishment and can bench press the thing. XRs and DRs with knobbies have done just fine in the hands of skilled riders.

Ride for free. I need tires on the trails!

We start riding at 9am and everybody needs to be off the trail and loading up by 4pm.

PM me for the exact location and directions.

Hope to see you there!

IN:
RollingJ
Tireman
Unknown Rider
TwoStrokeDS
JT
WhiteyTrashed and crew
Jqueen
AustinJake
FiddyK
JoeJoe?

Last edited:
I'm out on this one Joel. Surely enjoyed the last Adam's gathering. Y'all have a good ride.

This ride will be free. I need to get some tires on the trails.

I'm hoping some of the Lago crew can check it out as well...

Who's in?

I rode last weekend so I don't think I'll be able to make it, but I will throw in a plug- there is plenty of potential for good trails over there. If you're local you should really check it out!

I wish I could make it Joel. Have a great time.

JT

Well, the plan for this weekend didn't work out.

I'm in.

I'm always happy to be the 'back-up plan'. See you there.

I'm always happy to be the 'back-up plan'. See you there.

Ha! The plan was 3 days camping and riding in Arkansas, cancelled due to the chance of snow! :headbang:

I am in and will be with up to 3 ppl.
picking up a DR500 tomorrow and will be up there with a host of bikes I need to test out.
Bringing
06 CR250
82 DR500
08 TW200(BIG BOY TIRES)
78 IT175
Maybe throw the NX250 on there for RollingJ to have a play date with.
Some of these bikes are holding on by a thread and I need to see with some real life testing for this.

Tell you what, on the first lap ride the most dirt-capable bikes you have. It's seriously loose and rocky with a lot of elevation changes. They are not impossible trails, but they are not real beginner friendly.

PM outbound with directions.

The 300?

The first lap will be a slow one to get everyone acquainted with the trail and to accentuate the markings.

Looks like there's a good chance of me being in after all. I could help you test out some of those older bikes if you need a hand...

That's a rare bike to me, never seen one,
19486_0_1_2_dr%20500%20s_Image%20credits%20-%20Giorgio%20Goi.jpg

Also, where did you get the XT550 in your avatar?

That bike in the avatar is an 82 XT200
Sold it just a few months ago to a guy up in Conroe.
Still miss it. That little one went anywhere you wanted it to.

I'll be in Smithville but for the Antique MC event. Have fun!

C'mon Will, you know how good the trails are. Throw that DRZ in the back of your truck, ride early for a couple of hours, then head over to the show. :mrgreen:

I have to work a 13 hr shift starting at 6 pm......I still might make it.

Had a great time - As Joel says, the trails are indeed rough, but still lots of fun.

Waiting impatiently to see the video of my dismount, and also wondering if anybody got JT trying to run over his own leg?

I told ya!

I shot video on the last lap we took, but while it was the fastest and smoothest lap of the day, it doesn't make for very exciting footage. It is a complete lap though, and I didn't even stall it until about 20 second to the end of the trail.

FiddyK has posted most of his clips already, and they are pretty darn good. Here's his Youtube channel. 5hmedia

Back