• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Ozarks Tuesday 7/11-Thursday 7/13

phm14

Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Last Name
McCann
Hey Guys,

Looks like I'm driving up to OK to pick up a new R1. Seems it would be a shame not to make the short drive east to the Ozarks for a couple of days of break in miles, before I track the bike. Pig Trail, Arkansas Dragon, Hwy 7...all look irresistible. I'll probably be solo with such short notice, but if you have any experience up there that may be helpful, please chime in. I'm currently looking to base in the Springdale area, probably at a chain hotel like Residence Inn. May ride Friday, too, if I can get away with it. ;)

I normally stay in Eureka Springs, cheap lodging because of all the hotels in the area, and the roads up there are incredible. Pig trail and Hwy 7 will have more traffic than most roads in the area, never heard of the Arkansas Dragon, which road is that?

I normally stay in Eureka Springs, cheap lodging because of all the hotels in the area, and the roads up there are incredible. Pig trail and Hwy 7 will have more traffic than most roads in the area, never heard of the Arkansas Dragon, which road is that?
123 between sands gap and vendor...

Oh yeah, that is a nice one for sure.. Enjoy the new ride!
Thanks, Tex. How scarce are gas stations out there? That R1 is a thirsty girl...

Last edited:
You might want to check out the HUB motel. Caters to motorcycles and real friendly owners.

You might want to check out the HUB motel. Caters to motorcycles and real friendly owners.
Looks like a classic motorcycle dive...with good food on weekends. Thanks for the tip.:eat:

I`ll second the Hubb. I can`t wait to get back up there .

23 The Pig Trail is ok...... look at a map and just a few miles east is 21. Much better road IMO and less traffic. Push Mountain Road is fantastic (341) and depending where you stay. MO 125 Through the Mark Twain Nat. Forrest (north of 160) is a definate must ride. You can pick up 125 at Peel AR. and take the free ferry across Bull Shoals Lake to MO. 125 dead end on 160, go west a few miles then bam 125 North is baby butt smooth black top with great high speed turns and trees over the road.

Rexford

Hmm....tried all I know to post images from photobucket, but that site is super slow today, and I'm not sure why the pics won't post here-only links. Anyone know a better free photo host?
IMG_0065.jpg

Last edited:
Back