• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Officer shoots out tires of pursued car from his bike!

:tab It never ceases to amaze me how little protective gear the bike officers wear! What happened to 10-95 in Bryan? He's a moto-officer. Wonder what he thinks of this? Haven't heard from him in a while.

Adios,

I understand that the open face helmet is for communication purposes, but I hope he just forgot to put on the gloves when he posed for the picture. I tore WAY too much hide off my hands growing up to not wear gloves on a motorcycle. Even simple tasks like tying your shoes or unzipping your pants to go the bathroom becomes an agonizing chore when you've taken off a good chunk of hide from the palms. Don't get me started on how soap feels in those kind of wounds... :tears:

I love it! Now maybe they will see the obvious bennefit of mounting machine guns on the point, make things a lot easier for the officer! How in the world did he manage to draw a gun, aim, control his speed, and actually HIT what he was shooting at, all while screaming at 80 MPH, next to a perp aiming back at him??? Impressive!

TR
EL Centro CA

Tourmeister said:
Travis, cruise control ;-)

Adios,
:lol:

Yeah, well, still pretty impresive. That pic of his bike, wow.....that thing looks like something Judge Dredd should be on.....and, he really should be wearing gloves, and some kind of jacket! Lets see him quick draw from a Aerostich pocket!

TR
El Centro CA

:tab Actually, I don't know if that is a pic of the guy in the story. John posted that as a comment about police bikes saying that he hoped it was the kind of bike he was riding. Regardless, nice shooting!

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
:tab It never ceases to amaze me how little protective gear the bike officers wear! What happened to 10-95 in Bryan? He's a moto-officer. Wonder what he thinks of this? Haven't heard from him in a while.

Adios,

Sorry. I just got back from a month in Plano for a supervisory school.

I think he took a big chance. I personally would have followed and got a car to do the chase and the stop. Not enough protection on that bike.

Kind of funny about the protective gear bit. I showed our ADMIN the benefits of armor and quality gloves, but they just tuned me out. It didn't look "traditional" enough. The only protective gear that is approved is our 3/4 ARAI, our gestapo boots and a pair of thin Uncle Mike's gloves (they last about 1/2 second when you go down). And of course on the rare occasion it gets cold, our leather jacket.

Off subject............anybody else got this flu-like bug going around? I feel like crap!

Tuned you out because it didn't look "traditional" enough? :roll: Seems to me they should have their heads examined. Does the Admin ride or just stick to four-wheeled cages?
As far as the flu goes, I had a bout with it a few weeks ago, but it keeps trying to come back. I just keep pumping the fluids and vitamin C and get as much sleep as I can. Hope you get to feeling better. The flu is never fun. A cold might not be as annoying if I had a flip face helmet for sneezing and nose wiping while on the bike... :wink:

Howdy,

:tab You have to make them see dollars!! Show them how much hospital time costs because of a lack of good protective gear. How much they will have to pay ou tin benefits for an officer no longer working. Mention the possibility of a lawsuit because the officers are not allowed to wear good protective gear when the danger of serious injury is totally and completely forseeable. Blah blah blah... Money gets people's attention. Not much else does... well except a big bouncy pair of...

Adios,

Back