• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Anti-social in Sugar Land

Sydney

Reaction score
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Pope
I don't even know why I'm introducing myself. I ALWAYS ride alone; I don't like riding in groups. I ride for the ride, not for the destination. I ride country roads on Sunday mornings, knowing only my general direction when I pull out of the driveway. My Sunday ride is for my spiritual rejuvenation. It serves the same purpose, I suppose, as church does for some folks. I don't need any stinkin' riding companions to tell me which way to turn, how fast (or slow) to go, where to stop, or to otherwise interrupt my reveries; to spoil my appreciation of the beauty of the road, or of the wildlife I often see, ('cepting of course, the road-kill; too much of that).

I ride a black ST1300. Only farkles are a GPS, (don't like getting lost), and a radar detector, (after two speeding tickets, its seemed the prudent thing to do).

Howdy all. I'll talk if you want, just don't expect to go ridin' anytime soon.:-)

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Part of riding for me is the camaraderie. I like small groups of riders whom I know and trust. But yeah, I certainly do understand the need to get away and ride alone from time to time. It's very therapeutic.

Er, hi there. Welcome to the site. Lots of folks like to ride alone here. HOWEVER, we have this really strange desire to congregate in cafes with great pie. Go figure. :rider:

Well, if'n ya feel like coming out and talking to us about where you've ridden on your Sunday morning excursion, feel free to come out to Java Dave's on Hwy 6 in Sugar Land on Mondays. We just sit around and drink coffee, laugh at each other, and sometimes we try to think of places to go riding together... or alone... ;-)

er, I thought it was just BMW riders who thumbed their noses at the rest of us....Welcome anyway. and I won't ride with you either. :eek2:

Ah, this is a great group! I throw down a yank, (at least the attitude part was), and you all STILL welcome me with open arms (for the most part). Thanks for that. I guess the shared love of riding can help us overlook each others' foibles and flaws. An amazing thing.

Maybe we can ride sometime. Just don't try to tell me how fast to go, where to turn, what to wear....

Ah, this is a great group! I throw down a yank, (at least the attitude part was), and you all STILL welcome me with open arms (for the most part). Thanks for that. I guess the shared love of riding can help us overlook each others' foibles and flaws. An amazing thing.

Maybe we can ride sometime. Just don't try to tell me how fast to go, where to turn, what to wear....

No worries, unless you ask! Seriously though, I share your disposition, sometimes...there are Sundays (and Saturdays but not today) that I will go hit the roads with no real destination. Normally I ride with 1 to 2 people though that I trust not to make bad decisions and get themselves hurt.

As was mentioned, feel free to join us at Java Dave's. Usually the group starts showing up around 7:30. Not much riding goes on, but there are a WHOLE bunch of tall tales (although most are actually true) :)

welcome to the site !

let's go ride together this weekend !!

here's the rules:

all interstate / 'chips from tv' formation / NO pie stops /
55mph only / full protective gear / overnight at 5 star or better hotel
/ and most important : on the highway, we MUST HOLD HANDS !

this will be fun ! see you there !!

:party:

wheeee !

...I don't need any stinkin' riding companions to tell me which way to turn, how fast (or slow) to go, where to stop, or to otherwise interrupt my reveries; to spoil my appreciation of the beauty of the road, or of the wildlife I often see, ('cepting of course, the road-kill; too much of that).

A lot of us ST-Riders are like that!?!? I was annoyed yesterday afternoon when I thought a GW-
guy was following me too close on the HOV. But we do enjoy sharing info / advice on twtex.com and ST-Owner.com. :rider:

:welcome:

I'm not anti-social, but I'm not big on riding in groups either. I hate the idea that they are thinking "holy crap, this guy has been riding for 40 years and still hasn't gotten it down!" :lol2:

Tell us how you really feel! :lol2:

Don't worry, there are many riders that don't like riding in groups. I'm not partial to it myself and prefer being alone or with my hubby only, but on occassion I will join up with some riding buddies from bike night. :mrgreen:

Most of the events around here are more the "here's the destination for food, get there however you want" kind which is great. You can go solo and then meet for pie or join up with others.

So welcome! :welcome:

I'm not anti-social, but I'm not big on riding in groups either. I hate the idea that they are thinking "holy crap, this guy has been riding for 40 years and still hasn't gotten it down!" :lol2:

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought it up........

:lol2:

Oh, and welcome to the forum, Mr. Grumpypants. :) :wave:

jhansen said:
last time i checked an ST1300 is a Honda.... :giveup:
oh, I know that. Rather enjoyed the ST1300 I had for awhile. I'm just referring to many people thinking the ST is a BMW product.
There's even a Red/White roundel sticker around that says HMW on it so you can stick it on the fairing and further confuse people :trust:

Last edited:
I ride alone too! But it's mainly because I am unlikeable :rider:

er, I thought it was just BMW riders who thumbed their noses at the rest of us....Welcome anyway. and I won't ride with you either. :eek2:

:eek2: I CANNOT believe you wrote that! After sitting across from me & lauging at how I flick veggies off my pizza! And all the while my Lil Blu in the parking lot next to your bike.....you're a BRAT!!!!!:lol2:

We'll welcome you to the board, we don't have to ride with you here. :lol2:

Hey! I spoke to you at the one and only TWT gathering I went to, even though you WAS on a Harley. :wary:

Welcome aboard Sydney...another "Lone Rider" here too.

Back