• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

howdy folks

JasonJ

Reaction score
newbie here, bikeless at the moment but not for much longer i hope. I'm an aussie living in Austin, rode a bunch back home but have not gotten on a bike since ive been in the states (7 years (took me that long to get used to driving on the wrong side of the road! ;-) )).

i am hoping to pick up a Kawasaki Versys, but i am somewhat tempted to hold off and see what the 2009 model is going to look like, so i am in bike limbo, it is fun researching the bikes here though.

Since the Versys is such a new model, I wouldn't bet on any changes beyond color or possibly some very minor tweaks. Welcome aboard.

i'm hoping for a black one or the kawasaki green :eat: , and ive heard rumour of a 1000cc model too, though not sure i'd want that.

:welcome:

Watch for the International Motorcycle Show (IMS) that starts making the rounds in November - you get to see and test-sit a bunch of bikes in one place...

Unfortunately, it usually doesn't make it to Austin but Dallas and Houston will have it this year.

There is a thread with the schedule around here somewhere...

welcome!

Don't forget the photos when you get your bike...& keep an eye open for pie runs...you'll be making lots of new friends here!

:welcome: to the site. I can understand how you could get the fever for one. Squeaky and I were in Austin this past weekend & saw bikes and scooters everywhere. Good luck in your search.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Amazingly, we actually have quite a few Aussies here. Most of them hang out in the Bandit subforum though. Arbe is currently living in Melbourne and has been posting up ride reports. There are also a few folks in New Zealand that are members here.

Back