• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Austin Area Urban Dual Sport Rides

Anyone feel like riding this weekend?

I can do either Saturday or Sunday.

As a bonus, can any of you guys tell me where I took this picture last Sunday?

IMG_7028.jpg

Anyone feel like riding this weekend?

I can do either Saturday or Sunday.

As a bonus, can any of you guys tell me where I took this picture last Sunday?

You took that pic from....

(wait for it)

...you phone!

and It looks like your phone was up on the bluff overlooking the mighty Colorado River, in Bastrop.

I did a shakedown run out in Bastrop today. Working on load configurations for my next big end trip.
Will be heading back out there at the end of Jan or the beginning of Feb. you XRs should get out there

I went out and hit the eastside on Sunday, it was lovely.

Stopped by Hi Sign brewing on Old Bastrop Highway to break up the ride.

I would do it again, but I'm going to be busy the next 2 weekends.

my son in law took me there on mountain bikes nice view .across 360 there is trails he calls dump truck .because there is and old dump truck in the woods 50s era go check it out .we parked by some office building across 360 from your pic lots of hidden trail in there .

Hey TW, hadn't seen you post up in a while. Still doing area 51 too?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We're still riding Area 51 and the east side, always looking for new areas out there too. They built and Apartment complex at Area 51 and the SW corner is leveled for development (the google earth version on your phone shows the construction). Surprisingly it does not really affect the trails. We build a new loop near the hill of doom that goes all the way to the north edge and there is a huge hobo camp out there. Just been too hot to ride recently. Most of the guys I ride with are in a Facebook group so I haven't checked this thread in a while. We're heading to SHNF to ride this weekend but if anyone wants to hit the east side, just post up.

how about an 8am ride to beat the heat?
we'll call it quits around 10 or 11?

I might be getting some free time in the next couple of weekends, I'd love to check out some east side trails. Let me know when you get together.

Howdy Y'all,

I was thinking about going out Sunday morning 8/20 for a leisurely ride around Austin including hitting some east side trails.

I'll be at the Exxon @ 183/Loyola at 8 a.m. if anyone would like to come along.

See you there.

Howdy Y'all,

I was thinking about going out Sunday morning 8/20 for a leisurely ride around Austin including hitting some east side trails.

I'll be at the Exxon @ 183/Loyola at 8 a.m. if anyone would like to come along.

See you there.
I'm working on Sunday, but I can probably play hooky for a couple of hours. Hopefully I'll see you there.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

I'd be interested, next time, if the places yall go an inexperienced rider on a GS could negotiate.

I'd be interested, next time, if the places yall go an inexperienced rider on a GS could negotiate.
I haven't been there yet but I would assume the answer would be no to your question. BUT I have been wrong once this year so it wouldn't be the first time if I got this wrong [emoji15]

That would be an emphatic no. This was mostly single track. There were spots that my DRZ 400 had a hard time simply due to tire choice. Check out the TARA monthly group rides. Much more big bike friendly.

I had a big time on Sunday with Gourdhead. It was nice to meet you and I hope we can ride some more in future.

We should head out to Bastrop next time.

Last edited:
Same here. Thanks for showing me around and putting up with my lack of traction. What tires were you running? I forgot to ask.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

I'm a big fan of the Kenda k270. I think I'm on my 3rd or 4th set and have been very happy with them.

You cannot beat them for the price IMO.

:rider:

Back